float rod

N

Nick King

can anyone reccomend a float rod that can cope with pin fishing rivers for roach and chub etc but would also be ok for fishing on my local boating lake for the many good crucians and roach that inhabit it.i`m looking to spend about ?50
cheers
nick
p.s the membership number i was on about in a previous thread,was the fishing magic one.

P

Phil Hackett

Harrison GTI 13 Ft Match rod, double the price your looking to spend but worth every penny. I've had mine 10 years used it for evry thing you list and taken carp to 15 lbs on it as well.

B

Bob Watson

Just about any by rod by any maker at 13' will do these days. As Phil says, If you want quality, put your budget up.

W

Wag

Nick, I've got a Leeda Powerhouse Carp Waggler rod, which I bought to use on one of our club waters where I normally fish for crucians and tench, but there are carp up to 10lb, so I wanted something beefier than my Shimano match rod, but not as powerful as a carp rod. It has a 1lb test curve, and a nice through action, and only cost ?40 from Kirkgate Anglers in Leeds (TEL: 0113 2434880). I use it for most of my waggler fishing now, I only use the match rod for silver fish and light tackle.