help

C

carl clayton

i am going to fish a lake in buckinghamshire...i dont know the name but i know it`s where the carp champs was held..anyone give me some ideas on bait/tactics please

thanks
carl <}}}><

C

Carp Angler

The only lake I know in Bucks that had a round of the BCAC was Farlows Lake.
It's next to the M25 in Iver.
Is this the one?
If so I'll post some info.
How long are you going for?

C

carl clayton

farlows rings a bell....id love some info if you could e-mail some to me

thanks
carl<}}}><

C

carl clayton

im actually only going for the weekend...but if i do any good i might go again..pleeze post some info

thanks

carl<}}}><

C

Carp Angler

This is what I know at the moment....
It's quite well stocked and its just done a 31lb common.
Most swims produce as there are loads of islands snags bays reeds gravels etc.
It's 35 acres but because of all the features it's not that daunting.
Most people head for Heron(?) point as it commands quite a bit of water.
Its bang smack next to the M25, its quite a social place and has a bar onsite.(lots of pissheads)
Don't leave anything outside your bivvy at night and put up a PIR alarm if you have one or string some line around your swim for protection otherwise someone will have your gear away.
Lots of rats too.

Single hookbaits, pva bags, light baiting all work, no preferences on baits, just the usual muck......

C

carl clayton

thanks guys for your help..but after a beautiful day.and a nice night i still failed to catch anything..i couldn`t even tempt the roach or bream..hope i have better luck next time

D

Darren Wilson

Carl

I know it is a bit late now , but PVA Bags of Trout Pellets with a Boilie over the top will basically GUARENTEE you a Bream, with the odd Carp thrown in for good measure. Mainline baits seem to be the most popular down there, with a 50/50 split of Activ-8 and Assassin-8 being used. I have had fish out of there on Essential Shellfish B5 (over there pellets), Activ-8, Nash Whiskey's, Richworth Tutti-Frutti's. The best bit of advice is to pop into the Heron Point tackle shop on site and speak to Buzz behind the counter. He will put you onto the fish if he has been told where they are coming out from. Little tip, don't cast close to the islands. Drop your baits about 4 to 5 feet off them. The carp don't feel safe feeding close to the islands for some reason (probably the amount of pressure that they see).