Help!!!!

K

Kevan Farmer

This is a real plea for help. Does anybody know of a chap who manufactures 12 spoke Match Aerials? It's not Garry Mills, Chris Lythe or Paul Witcher. All I know is that it is a guy who worked for Allcocks until they closed down. He now makes 12 spoke Match Aerials and superficially they look like the original Allcocks Match Aerials. However, on second looking they have 12 spokes - 6 at the front and 6 at the back of the spool. The ratchet lever is also different. This is situated on the side akin to Speedia pins.

I have no idea where the chap lives I only know that he makes but a few of these reels each year in his shed.

If anybody can help I would be extremely grateful.

Kevan

R

Rodney Wrestt

Hi Kevan,
Long time no see, sorry I can't help with your question, just saying hello. You after another pin then, I though you had enough for each hand with a couple of spares :eek:)

K

Kevan Farmer

Hi Rodney. Yes I've been quiet for a bit mate. Long story but to cut it short I had some scary health problems. Not life threatening or anything like that but very worrying all the same.

As for pins. Well these that I am trying to find out about are rather special. They are very similar in looks to the recent Browning Revolver in that they are a 12 spoke model. They look the absolute bizz. Anyway, with pins you've never got enough :) With a modern reel it's easy to swap a spool over to change line strength. With a pin??? Not so easy. So I just keep getting more ;-))) I've actually lost count now of how many I actually own. I think it's about 3 Match Aerials + 1 Fred Crouch Match Aerial; 5 or 6 Speedias - or more; a Trudex; a Purist II; a Gary Mills FJT w/d and there is an obscure Strike Right somewhere. There could well be more that I have forgotten :))))

A nice example of a 12 spoke would do me now.

Kevan

R

Rodney Wrestt

Hope all's well with you now.

Oh I see, as long as your not getting obsessed or anything like that a nice round 50 seems fair, just don't go looking for a rod to go with each :eek:)