Heavy rain and low pressure

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
I think that a lot of it will depend on how much Cold Water gets in to the Rivers and Pools etc

It was another cold night last night, this could affect the fishing dramatically, again this will depend in which part of the country you are in.

preston96

Reaction score
My water temps were slowly climbing the back end of the week :wh

Old Nick

Reaction score
Air temperatures down here have been pretty constant over the last week or twoabout 7 - 8 C and pressure dropping, bringing lots of rain, all the rivers flooded (Ouse and Cuckmere), so are sadly unfishable, targeting a pond in the morning, but weather prediction is more heavy rain.

The overnight cold rain is what worries me, normally these conditions would be pretty good, but a rapid influx of cold water could be a real stopper, but not sure for how long though, i.e. how long would it take for the water temperature to come back up after an overnight freezing downpour?

Last edited:

metta

Reaction score
Well, I live in consett north east. I have lots of snow about 4inch. Also the ponds are all frozed over and there not that small.

There is a big one and Newcastle and even that is frozen over! So looks like another day here on FM.

jcp01

Reaction score
I decided to explore two new rivers yesterday - the confluence of the Anker and the Sence outside Atherstone, and though the rivers were in flood and had been well over the banks overnight, the levels were falling by noon when I arrived so I fished till nightfall.

I left my bread at home so had to fish maggots on the hook. I managed just three bites the whole afternoon. Luckily all resulted in chub on the bank, best was a three and a quarter pounder, not massive fish but welcome nonetheless under such conditions.

At one point the sun came out and it warmed enough to have to shed my jackets. Bliss..!

I think the river fishing is going to explode into life now. Shame we only have a few days left to enjoy it.

Let's get the close season moved forward a month, take April and lose July...

Last edited: