cased fish

G

Gary Leigh

does anybody know where i can get some cased fish valued they are (for insurance)

mirror carp in a flat fronted case.

pike in a bow fronted case by coopers with gold leaf writing r vyrnwy Llanymyneck sept 25th 1929 14lb

roach 1lb4 3/4 in bow fronted case by coopers caught by t howarth in middleton angling society waters 8th july 1924.

common cerp shropshire lake 5lb

brown trout caught by c jackson 18th may 1921 2lb 5 3/4

perch 1lb 13 caught and presented by h mellalieu 1913 in a flat fronted case

the anglers companion in a large picture frame

Andy Young

Reaction score
erm,.... ....dunno Ba, sorry. But it sounds like a nice collection to have on the wall.

Try ringing a collector, you can usually find them from ads in your local classfieds, or angling publications, or have a look through the FM class.

Any collector should be able to help or point you in the right direction, as long as you ensure they're not trying to barter with you.

E

EC

Wow that was convenient!

What are the odds, 2 posts on taxidermy at the same time on the same night?

T

tom riordan

I think he has probably flogged them by now, the first posting was in 1993.

P

Phil Hackett PCPL with Pride

I doubt that Gary has flogged um.' They I think belong to his club. And if he has, he'll have to answer to the Monk.

T

The Monk

haha, nice one Phil, not seen gary for a while, I1ll have to call round for a brew.

Yes rest assurred, we still have those stuffed fish and what fine examples they are too.

W

Wolfman Woody

The bow fronted cases with gold lettering usually fetch at least twice what a flat fronted one will.

Bit like Monk's women really.

justin churchward

Reaction score
Yeah they do,im interested in buying all sorts of cased fish so if any of you have any for sale GET IN TOUCH

chow

T

The Monk

Yes Jeff, you can`t beat a bow fronted woman

(well actually you can!)

Sadly most of the ones I trap these days, also have bow legs

W

Wolfman Woody

Couldn't stop a pig in a ginnel, as me dad used to say.

T

The Monk

saw Gary today Phil, hes doing his NFA instruction certificate for teaching kids angling!

C

Chris Bishop

Chap who runs the fishing antique shop in Stow on the Wold or wherever it is - used to have a little bit in one of the weeklies about antique tackle. Chris something..?