fishingmagic.com at the nec

S

Steve Baker

Is fishing magic going to the nec again this year? and should members get a free hat? (if only).

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Yes, FISHINGmagic will be at the NEC and hoping to meet and chat with as many members (and non-members) as possible. I'll be there on all three days but don't let that put you off. So do your best to come along and we'll swap some stories.

As for a free hat..........

But there will be some huge prizes to be won.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
National Exhibition Centre, Birmingham, Friday 23rd, Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th March.

M

Malcolm Bason

Thank you Graham. I have never attended one before (fishing at least), and will make a determined effort to be there!

D

Dave Johnson

do I need the wife to take me (free beer all day on Grahams pitch.......) or am I ok to drive?
can tickets be bought in advance Graham?

N

Neil Wayte

I went a couple of years ago and have to admit I enjoyed the day.Does anyone know the price of the tickets.Oh must find the passport first though.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Tickets can be bought in advance. They're normally ?8.50 but you can save a quid by booking early. The ticket hotline is 0121 767 4202. Kids under 16 get in for free. There's a transaction fee of 50p and it costs ?5 to park your car on the day.

It'll be a good one this year because you can buy as well as try the product.

Dave, come and see me on the day and if I've remembered my wallet I'll buy you a drink. If not, you can get me one.

R

Ron Clay

I didn't go last year to the NEC, but seeing that FM is going to be there, I will this time. I normally get a free ticket from Angling Star if they are exhibiting.
What about Chatsworth Graham?

S

Stewart Bloor

Graham writes : 'Dave, come and see me on the day and if I've remembered my wallet I'll buy you a drink. If not, you can get me one.'

Dave, I'm not being presumptious here, but if I was you I'd take some money with you...In fact Graham has said the same thing to at least half a dozen people already...His favourite trick is to get to the bar, order the drinks and then when you think to yourself 'all these things they say about him just aren't true', he fumbles around in his pocket, and fumbles, and fumbles...so you end up buying the drinks because you feel sorry for him, thinking he's lost his wallet...and all the time it's at home in Stoke-On-Trent inside a padlocked bag..inside a time device briefcase..inside a safe..inside a four foot steel cage...
So there you have it..what I'm trying to say is - take some money with you...

S

Steve Baker

If its anything like last year leave your wallet at home as you will spend a ton. I made the mistake of taking my visa and around 100 quid., came back with a bag and a bagfull of goodies. It was a really good day, and thats where i got my fishing magic sticker thats still on my computer. The thing is that line is really cheap there from the ultima stand (not to mention the bird with the big eeerrr bait boxes...anyone see her??? wow)and i bought tons of the stuff that was just to light and in spools that are to small.

This year i will be taking around 200 quid and leaving all my cards behind.. be warned its great...