Norfolk Broads vs Fens vs Oxford Canal

Jason Goodall

Reaction score
Hi All you anglers. I am off fishing for a week in september, but have not fished for years. I would like to do some legering and floating for carp, bream , roach , perch etc, but wish to fish on public rivers and not private lakes etc. Any ideas on whether I should go for Norfolk Broads, Oxford Canal or the Fenland Waterways. Any help in deciding would be much appreciated. I prefer quality to quantity as only got a week.

D

David Will

If it is Carp you want then the Oxford Canal is better choice , what about the Thames though , fantastic fishing near you , assuming you are in the Oxford area.September is an excellent month on the Thames.

Jason Goodall

Reaction score
I have just booked a week on the Fens. Many thanks anyway. All I need to work out now is how to arrange for all those day tickets.

Jason Goodall

Reaction score
I have hired a boat for a week, from Ely, so pretty much open to traverse the rivers. Currently river cam, ely ouse and old west river or is it the great ouse

D

David Will

It is the Great Ouse.The Great Ouse is to my knowledge all day ticket around where you are headed , tickets on the bank etc.If you want to night fish you will need to join a club and these control the fishing around Ely.
www.cambridge-fpas.co.uk