The Monk

Why?

I've heard lots of reasons over the years, some quite humourous
I'm not entirely convinced by the scientific explaination
I've seen two toned carp, bream, eels and pike no doubt there are others

lets have your theories!

S

Stuart Bullard

My theory Monk is that you have had more than me at this particular time of night. I have just asked my wife to pronounce bi...what ever it is, and she is tea total!

What is it?

Anyway, i am upstairs for a promise......

S

Stu Black

I read somehere its caused by fish being dropped/damaged when theyre young....but that doesnt make much sense does it?

T

The Monk

bi means two stuart,
pheno (as opposed to geno)is short for phenotype (what genetically the creature looks like) intonation, colour (tone)

hench, Two Tone

not touched a drop

Yet!

good luck mate

D

Dave Silvers

Monk - it's easy mate, two tones arise because they spend most of their lives with there heads stuck in the sand - just like most of us.

P

Phil Hackett

Sorry Monk it's been done before. "biphenointonation." Your having a laugh arn't you Mate! You made that one up :0)

T

The Monk

yeah, great word though mate, it sounds real though, you've got to give me that?

T

The Monk

so come on then my learened friend whats the theory? dead cells, sun tan, genetic defect, dropped on head?

R

Ron Clay

Many years ago I caught an African eel (Anguilla mossambiqua) whilst fishing for large mouth bass in a Transvaal reservoir.

The front half of the eel was dark brown. The rear half light yellow.

No doubt in my mind that the head end was sunburned due to the fact that these eels spend a great deal of time with their tails in a hole.

P

Phil Hackett

Well mate if the Yanks can get away with the words collateral damage for the bombing of innocent civilians why not "biphenointonation."

T

The Monk

why not indeed, the sociologists have got away with it for years!

P

Phil Hackett

Best if we don't go there mate!
You know my views on that subject!

chris hall

Reaction score
hello monk ,its chris from chorley back on line ish.im on our pegs e-mail at the moment if you want the address its jaynerae10@aol.com. i cant get on my msn adress any more because some of my daughters friends thought it was clever to access my msn address and screw it up!!twats is there anything i can do about it you know of??? hope to hear from you ,bye!

B

Budgie Burgess

Great word Monk LOL.There was a really great thread on this subject a couple of years ago either on FM or the AN site cant remember which.I do remember there was a definitive answer given by one of the boffin types but Im buggered if I can remember what it was!Maybe I was dropped on my head when I was young?

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

I've seen a two tone bream which was two tone on one side only ......

How do you explain that ???

T

The Monk

Cheers Chris, been off line myself mate, nice to hear from you, keep in touch!

T

The Monk

Cheers Budgie, still don`t know the answer though, let us know if you remember mate!

Eddie

I thinks its the ways its been sleeping mate?

T

The Monk

You did turn it over and check the otherside didnt you Eddie?

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

certainly did ....and also seen one half two tone on one side and quarter two tone on the other