luncheon meat

N

nick bennett

has anyone fished with luncheon meat on canals? if not, then do. i caught a decent barbel and a 1lb plus roach on it within a day of trying it in an area where i'd fished for weeks and had nothing. any comments?

K

Keith Finn

I use the meat everywhere I go lakes, canals,ponds and rivers it works everywhere.
It just has to be a must have bait that you have to have in your bag next to a loaf of bread. Cubed, sliced or ripped it all works, Bream, carp , tench, barbel, chub even roach it catches them all.
i love the bait next to bread that is.

R

Ray Buckland

Lavendon Mill, Beds. Has anyone caught barbel on the Luton AC waters at LM? It seems as if they should be there, but I have had no luck this season. Help!

K

Kevan Farmer

Meat - whatever type - is one of thsoe good old fall back baits, like bread. It is pretty well tied to barbel and carp but will certainly catch other species. I have noticed just lately that we are being told by the angling stars that meat has had its day. Nope. I don't think so. I do not think it will ever be fully blown. I see that stewing steak is being advocated for Trent chub now. Well, again it's nothing new. Decades ago it was used for barbel.

Kevan