Wolfie Pond...? nr North Wingfield, Derbyshire

Reaction score
Hi folks, I was wondering if anyone had any information on a lake just off the Five Pits Trail, which is between Grassmoor and North Wingfield in North-East Derbyshire. I seem to remember 15-20 years ago, it was described as holding a head of tench & bream, but I can't seem to find any current information regarding what species are present in the lake, or what sizes they run to. I know that it's still fishable because Derbyshire County Council installed some hideous fishing platforms there a few years ago. Being council owned, it may also still have a closed season (as is the case with Tibshelf Ponds). It's very close to where I live, so I'm quite keen to try a recce session on there to find out what lurks in it, but it wouldn't be until after the rivers have closed, and I'd quite like to know any rules & bans before I commit a precious day off to fishing the place.

If anyone knows any of the above, or even better, if anyone's ever fished it and caught something, I'd appreciate any info you can give! :D

Thanks,

Andrew.

pbest78

Reaction score
Hi Andrew

I used to fish there some 15 years ago and it was run by the Alma Fishing club.

a quick google shows the follwing

Alma Fishing Club (North Wingfield)
Organisation address: 116 Alma Road
North Wingfield
Chesterfield
Derbyshire
S42 5PY
Telephone number: 01246 857043
Email address: hawki.1@hotmail.com
Annual general meeting month: March

More information A self sufficient fishing club. You can fish all year round, there is no closed season. The pond is known as the 'Wolfie'.

Every year we hold five adult, five junior and five night (carp) matches, a charity match which the procedes go to the charity of the winners choice.
Meeting venue: 1st Fri of the month at the White Hart, North Wingfield at 7.30pm.
Meeting or opening times: Open all year.
Accessibility: There are car parking spaces for five disabled members at any one time at the side of the pond. Also has four pegs which are assessible for wheel chair uses.
Charges: Adult membership £13.00 per year. Junior membership (8 -16 year olds) £6.00 membership per year. OAP membership £8.00 per year. Disabilty members fee's are the same as above in the age range. Day tickets also available.
Age range: Any
Tel: 07743 905583
Email: hawki.1@hotmail.com

Hope this helps

Peter