licences

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
How many rods do you fish with? I know a lot of people who only fish the one rod, yet a licence allows us to fish with two. To fish with 3 rods you need 2 licences, but I believe according to local bye laws you may fish with upto 4 rods (PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG). So why not have 1,2,3or 4 rod licences at ?11, ?22, ?33 or ?44. Just a thought some might agree others may shoot me down in flames.

R

Ross Turner

The licence only allows you to fish with 2 rods for coarse fishing but with game fishing you are only allowed 1.
The idea about a 2,3,4 rod licence sounds a good idea but can`t see the EA taken it up.

D

Dave Slater

As many clubs now allow 3 rods a 3 rod licence would be a great idea. Many clubs charge an extra fee on top of the subscription for a third rod so why not have the facility to buy rod licences in line with this?

R

Ross Turner

Richard,You can use 2 fly rods,1 fishing static buzzers the other with dry fly,the only problem you would have is if you had 2 takes at once.
Or when fishing a multi bait water you could be fishing worm on 1 & flyfishing thats why you cant use 2 rods when game fishing.

Andy Young

Reaction score
if there was a licence for those whose fishing dictates the use of one rod then you might find that the the loss in revenue may be taken up by increased sales of what one would hope would be a cheaper 'one-rod licence' collecting from those that currently evade.

I fish with two rods because my licence lets me, however I would like to be fishing three because my water allows, if I bought a second licence I'd expect to be able to fish with four. Can the EA not see that there is a gap in the market.

A

Andy Doughty

Anglers Mail questioned them about this one a while back. The EA's line is that the money you pay allows you to fish with one rod, the second is free. As everybody above has pointed out, local bye laws and club rules dictate how many rods you can actually use with two licences. At the end of the day, you pay your money and you take you take your choice. Next season is going to be the first that I will be using 3 rods. It will be interesting to see if using three ups my catch rate at all...