Old sod search

Richard Rylance

Reaction score
I'm trying to contact Dave Steuart, a former influence on my angling beginnings in Richmond / Twickenham. Last seen in an article in CF last year but I lost the copy and never followed it up. Any ideas? I'd be glad to hear from anyone who knows his whereabouts. He may remember me as Malcolm - took me to the Avon and Pike fishing.. Cheers

R

Richard Drayson

Hi Richard,
Dave Steuart lives quite close to me actually.
I know his address, but am reluctant to give it out as I don't know Dave personally and he might not want his address posted on the forum.

He writes articles for the fishing.co.uk website. I suggest emailing them and asking them to pass on your message.

T

The Monk

is this the Dave Steuart who wrote the book on carp fishing many years ago?

K

Kevin Perkins

Perhaps Graham could start a 'FishersReunited' site?

R

Ron Clay

That's right my tonsured friend. He also had a rod on the market called the Dave Steuart "All Rounder".

Dave is a reall allrounder too, catching all species including some big salmon from the Hants Avon. His wife: Kay has caught many big fish.

Graham it might be an idea to start an "Old Farts Site"!

B

Bob Hornegold

Ron,
I thought we already had an "Old Farts Site" ?
But yes it would be interesting, I would like to contact any of the " West Essex Specimen Hunters Group "
Joined about 1958, fished with them until about 1965 and learnt a great deal from the older member.
Bob

Richard Rylance

Reaction score
I like the idea of an Old Farts Reunited Club... there must be more like me who want to contact former fishing pals /mates.

R

Richard Drayson

Monk,
If you can remember Dave's book on carp fishing then you don't have to wait to join, surely???

T

The Monk

Actually Richard, I have it in my hand now, Carp, How to Catch Them Series, By D L Steuart 1955, I however bought the 2nd Impression in 1962 cost me 5 shillings, a lovely series though. Dave did write a few pieces for Carp World in recent years, hes since done a bit in Canada with his wife Kay

But hey, I got involved with carp fishing a long time ago, I was very young at the time, so may not actually qualify for an Old Farts Specimen Group?

L

Les Clark

Hi Monk,Methinks your having a giggle mate,(5 bob in 1962),you should have joined 10 yrs ago!

L

Les Clark

Monk, any chance of you getting up/down to selby next week,it would good to meet you.
But how would I know you? unless you wore that dirty habit.