YOUNG ANGLERS

daniel pearce

Reaction score
Please could someone tell me waht to do about 2 children that are at my local fishery. They keep throwing stones at my swim and firing twigs etc at me they also keep trying to steel my tackle PLEASE TELL ME WHAT TO DO

FROM DANIEL PEARCE

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
I could suggest several alternatives but you have to be so careful these days. It might sound OTT but call the 'The Old Bill' or the fishery management if it is a private fishery.

Tim Birch

Reaction score
Yes unfortunately a clip round the ear may end in tears for you, not them.
Richard may have the best idea.

I've had them hovering myself, you know the score one tries to take attention one side while the other sneeks in. On that occasion I started a polite discussion about how I'd heard some kids had tried to steal a mates tackle and what we were going to do if we ever caught them, not directed at the two I was talking to of course as they did'nt seem stupid enough to try it, of course. But them backing off like you're on day release from the local loony bin is much preferable to losing tackle paid for by your hard earned cash.

I know, I Know, scaring teenagers is not big or clever but our hands are tied and unfortunately our society would make 'poor little soldiers' of the little thieving B?*3|\ds if we sent them for a quick swim.

I suppose how you can react is limited by how you look, but with the stone throwing bit from a bridge, "How long do you think it would take for me to get up there" Bellowed at full volume like some red faced sgt. major seemed to work.

Above all be careful, be legal.

D

Darren Russell

Wot i would do is stand up and run at them. dont actually hit them or threaten them just run at them they will soon scarper esspesialy if thier smaller than you.

A

Andy Nellist

I would speak to the fishery owner first then the police and make sure you carry a mobile phone when you go fishing. Best of Luck.

S

Stuart Bullard

"I know, I Know, scaring teenagers is not big or clever....."

True. But my wife was attacked, pulled to the ground and kicked last week by a group of teenagers at a skate board park while looking after my 8 year old. The police didn't even get out of their car after being called! Can you believe it??

So it wasn't big, but when I went up there, got one of them by the throat and head butted him it made me feel a whole lot better.

....and frankly if it gets me in trouble then I will accept that. This country is almost in free fall when it comes to discipline and behavoir, and I for one am not going to let my family be intimidated and stand back, especially with a useless "PC" police force backed by complete arsehole judges who think a "first time" (nee first time caught) is ok.

Wow - thats better.

Daniel - get someone (bigger) to go with you, but you should inform the police. Its just not acceptable. Good luck.

Tim Birch

Reaction score
Remember when they introduced the Guardian Angels in the US, maybe its time for something along those lines here.
I know this is not the US and maybe these 'midemeanors' are accepted as part of everyday life over there but over here, come on, why do we put up with it.
I repeat this is not the US, but its going that way with alot of the more serious crimes. Only difference is we cannot protect ourselves to the level a US citizen can without being dragged to court ourselves.
Pride and honour also seem to be dirty words over here.
An Englishmans home should be his castle but it feels more like a paddock at the moment, who cares if the wolves take a few of us as long as there are enough left to be milked.
(Is this what they call dangerous anti-establishment thinking)

I don't want a class war, just a fair deal.

S

Stu Black

Tim, quite a few years ago they did try and introduce it, they were on the tube in London. It fizzled out quite quickly though.

Stu Bullard, nice one!