Larford

J

Jack Pike

I wonder if the manangent at Larford will ask Big Des to kill any pike he catches there like they asked my wife and I last year when we fished there.Quote if we caught any pike just throw them up the bank they said.

M

Martin Wright

Hopefully Des's first prize will be a hefty fine because whatever his interpretation of the law (and I do accept he has a fine legal mind )his clear intent is to catch out of season coarse fish.

I know it shouldn't but it does annoy me when people think they are above the law and think they have the right to change it by this kind of direct action rather than by reasoned argument.

This really is no different to the kind of direct action/civil disobedience that the Antis like to employ. Des is doing angling and himself a diservice.

But what does he care?

G

Guy Robb

Best to just ignore it, if our rivers ever get mucked up by a few, we as river anglers can make our product choices and also we will remember what publications were behind it.

R

Richard Drayson

Sounds like a publicity stunt to me.
Bad publicity at that!!!

C

Chris Bishop

I think we all need the level playing field we clearly don't have at present.

I think our rivers stand far more chance of being mucked up when no-one's on the banks.

D

Dave Johnson

Des doing what he does best,,,, i guess he always has a wry smile on his face as he puts pen to paper anyway.....

I', mot sure what Guy means in his comments above. Almost every time I fish the Severn between Welshpool and Bushley-apart from the known pegs, i more or less have the river to my self.

Nice picture by the way Graham, who is the good looking fella with the shades on the left......

D

Dave Slater

What a prat. This confirms my long held views regarding Des Taylor. I think that this is totally irresponsible. I wholly agree with Martin Wright in hoping that "Our Hero's" prize will be a hefty fine.

J

Jacob Bullard

Out of interest, is this (Graham's) article a resume of something DT has actually written or openly spoken about? I dont read the weeklies any more.

As it ih presented in Graham's bit it sounds overly provocative, and dumb. However, and personally, I think the current close season is outdated, so perhaps trying to highlight idiosyncrasies can stimulate change.

D

Dave Johnson

YES Buttocks, Des is a c.... erm ccc...

ccccatalyst for change

D

Dave Oates

des seems to be up to his self promotional tricks again. oop's... maybe i am helping him by typing this?? why dont they make him chairman of the b.a.a.

S

STEVE POPE

For those of you who support the retention of the Close Season there is very good news on the horizon.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Jason asked, "....is this (Graham's) article a resume of something DT has actually written or openly spoken about?"

They were direct quotes from a news item and Des's own column in this week's Angling Times. Only the last two sentences were my own views.

martin flavell

Reaction score
HI GUYS
NORMAL HYPED UP CLOSE- SEASON SH**E AS PER NORMAL ......COMICS HAVE RAISED A REACTION THEN ? CATCHES MORE ANGLERS THAN FISH THAT
TAYLOR.........MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM