The Stationers Company School

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Whilst looking at the site a sudden thought popped into my head ' are any of the Fishing Magic members Old Stationers'. I was a teacher there for four years from approx 1978-82. If in doubt I mean the school that was originaaly in Hornsey North London. Also played football and cricket for Old Stationers for approx 8yrs 1978-86.

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Yeah looked there Fred, but was just wondering if any Old boys are Fishing Magic members and keen anglers. But once again thanks for the reply Fred. Its more the angling tie up than the old boys scene I'm interested in.

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
John do you know if there any other old boys who are Fishing Magic members. Was Stan Read a master when you were there.

J

John Pleasance

The name(Stan Read) doesn't ring any bells Richard.

I didn't fish in those days so anybody of that inclination would not immediately spring to mind.

I 've also just looked through my 1966 issue of "The Stationer" and don't see any mention of that name. I've got some more bumph somewhere from more recently that was given to me by another old boy (even older than me) whose house I was working on a couple of years ago,I'll look through that when I find it again.

I probably should have added that my career there as a pupil was spectacularly undistinguished and they were probably as glad to see me leave as I was to go.

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Looking through the Old Stationers web site I believe a chap I used to play football with called Jim Lloyd may have been in your year.

J

John Pleasance

It's not a name I remember,Richard.

I can remember some of the football team from that year,they were a little bit special actually.Didn't lose a game for the first three years,and had some really big scores,one in particular has always stuck in my mind,we beat Minchenden 12 - 1 away and 17 - 2 at home,Jim Dietman scored 10 in that one iirc.