Waterways Trust Grant Scheme 2010

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Some information I just received -

I wanted to let you know that there is still time to apply to The Waterways Trust 2010 Thames Grant Programme. This annual Scheme offers grants of up to, £5,000 for environmental and community projects along the non-tidal River Thames (between the source and Teddington). If not for this year, you may like to consider it for projects or work you have planned for next year and beyond.

Each year the Waterways Trust distribute approximately £40,000 to projects along the River Thames which either encourage more people to visit and experience the river or are aimed at improving habitats for wildlife along the waterway. Grants are given to organisations, community groups or schools and can include waterway or wildlife conservation projects; education or activity progammes or access improvements on and near the River Thames.

The Waterways Trust's Thames Grants Scheme is made possible thanks to the donations from supporters of the Trust, whose regular donations help fund schemes to improve the environment and educational and community projects along the Thames. The scheme is also supported by the Environment Agency - through this grants scheme, we believe that more community-led projects will be able to continue their valuable work, helping to enhance and develop the River Thames so more people can enjoy all that it has to offer.

The closing date for applications to this year's fund is 31 March 2010, and applicants will be notified by 15th May. Grant Applications must be made on a Waterways Trust Thames Appeal application form which can be downloaded from Grants from The Waterways Trust - alternatively, email jenny.rogers@thewaterwaystrust.org.uk

If you know of any other societies, clubs or organisations that may benefit from this grant scheme, I would be very grateful if you could forward this email to them.

Thank you and kind regards,
Sarah L Russell
Waterways Development Officer