Do you still feel

W

Wendy Perry

Do you lot who've been fishing for years still get excited at a days fishing or is it just me...??

When i'm going on a days fishing trip i'm like a big kid i can't sleep and when i do i'm forever waking up looking at the clock .

C

Chris Bishop

Haven't been pike fishing for six weeks, thought I'd last until June but then I got an offer to fish some lakes to see if there are any in them and I'm having a bash over the weekend - can't wait.

L

Les Clark

Hi Wendy,the same for me,allways been the same,trouble is,the time i go,im knackered.

D

Dave Slater

Hi Wendy,
I have been fishing sincde my childhood and, even now as an 'oldie', I still get excited when I go fishing. This is particularly true when I am exploring a new venue or trying for a different species. I think it is the excitement of the unknown. I don't get quite the same buzz when I am fishing known swims or venues I am familiar with, although I still enjoy fishing these places.

S

Shrek

Wendy, even when I'm going somewhere I've fished loads of times before I still get excited. I normally don't sleep too well as I keep running through the methods I'm going to be using and the tactics I'm going to try and employ.

W

Wendy Perry

I took a friend fishing yesterday and she loved it she said the buzz she got when she caught one was fantastic she now wants me to take her to get tackle and licence etc.

W

Wendy Perry

No Adrian i had a good day but she was only fishing for little uns :)

D

Dave Johnson

what 'sort' of tackle does your 'friend' want then Wendy, not one of those 'strapadiktome' poles i hope!!!!

and if you cant sleep at night, try keeping your hands above the covers....:eek:)

B

Barry Edney

There's always someone who has to lower the tone, ain't there ;o)

Yeah, its the same every time I go. Early to bed ready for the early start. Normally get about 2 or 3 hours sleep. Get to the bank, set up and cast out (or is it in?) settle down in my chair, then I tend to sleep for most of the day. Perhaps I should get a seatbox. No-one can fall asleep on a seatbox, can they?

I can just see it now. 11am, eye lids start getting heavy. 11.15am, head starts nodding. 11.30am, whole upper body starts rocking backwards and forward. 11.45am, SPERLOSH!!!

Nah, I'll stick with me chair I think!

G

Gerry Castles

Absolutely right Barry, as soon as I saw the subject matter I knew someone would go over the top.

W

Wendy Perry

Dave i told ya she doesn't like them if she wanted that she'd be strait :)

J

john conway

I suppose still getting excited at the prospect of going fishing after many many years is the true measure of an angler? There’s still something very magical about creeping about the house in the early hours before anyone else is awake.
Wendy, was the friend you went fishing with, your special friend you brought up the northern leg of the challenge match, the one Graham thoughts was your son?

D

Dave Johnson

John, you mean the 'anti-penetra....' friend I think......

J

john conway

Dave I didn't go into that.. She seemed a nice enough kid to me.

J

John McLaren

I'm like the rest of you it seems, find sleep hard to come by the night before a trip. It definitely has something to do with going through tactics in my head - daft thing is it all goes to pot on the bank, partly because I'm so tired!!!

W

Wendy Perry

yes John thats the one i took her fishing for Johnsons benefit she was all fingers and thumbs lmao :)