Worm breeding?

I

ian jay

Anyone had any experience with breeding earthworms?

I like the idea of having a fresh supply at hand, and the nearest supplier to my fishing cottage is about 20 miles away.

I'm not planning to make a business out of it, but I would like to know what is the best way to go about it.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Ian

S

Stuart Bullard

Ian - do a search on previous threads. This has come up before. There is a site that gives advice, but I cannot remember it. I have just emailed you one site that gives some contact information.

I just dump all my waste into a decomposter (including potato peelings etc) bung in whatever variety I want (they dont seem to mix well) and not long later there are millions of them!!

S

Shrek

There are about 5 articles on the Editorial section of the site that were writtend by Dave dowding called The Baits & Flavours Column" and all these were dedicated to various types of worms. I've included a link to the first of the articles, the rest should be listed at the bottom of the first one.

Hope it's of some help

P

Phil Hackett

There are several worm forums on the web regarding composting, which have indirect info on this subject.

I

ian jay

Many thanks for the advice. How wonderful it is to have so much speicalised info available on site!

Ian

Tim Birch

Reaction score
There are quite a few sites on the web regarding wormeries, just type it in a search engine.
Some are generally school projects, but seems to give the same info.