French carping/foot and mouth

D

danny reynolds

Has anyone heard that boilies have been confiscated en route to France. (i have).Is anyone else worried about their fishing holiday, I have sincere sympathy with all the anglers booked for Ireland at the moment. any views?

C

Chris Smedley

i have been in touch with david payne of fishing adventures and he says there is problem but you can still get bait ie boilies over there .
but most good fishing shops are selling them over there like decathlon.
dave is selling bait to all his custemers at the present.

D

danny reynolds

Thanks chris,i have found out recentley that most people are getting their boilies over okay,i hope that everyone is sensible with the baits they take because you know it will take only a stupid few to spoil it for everyone else. i will post how my mate gets on he leaves on saturday and he is taking home made boilies.

tony cox

Reaction score
Has any one got any information on fishing adventures as we are booked to go fishing with them in july at MAURIRPRE all and any information about this lake would be appreciated

C

Chris Smedley

hi tony i went to maurepaire last year and fished peg 4 the lake is 38acres about 6ft deep the fish average size is 37lb plus there is carp to 50lb plus .
the bait i would take is roseips , strabery , and the reamedy i woud take about 5kg of each .
the fishing is about 130+ yards out the way i fished is useing a 4oz+ lead and size 2/4 hook.
the food is exelent there is 5 pegs to fish but that is if you haveent booked a swim tite line chris

R

Ray Wood

Hi All, I'm supposed to be going to Chalet Lake in Mezt France in June, Has anybody any bait and rig advice? A friend has fished it but that was a few years ago. any advice would be appreciated
Thanks. Ray

T

Trevor Saunders

if you order your bait from a rolling company they will send it with a french customs form attacted explaining its contentsand its not for feeding to animals

T

Trevor Saunders

if you phone around some of them have a french speaking agent in france that you can get in touch with you still have problems

C

Carp Angler

Can the owners/organisers not supply bait for you when you arrive?
I know that the owner of Domaine can supply ready rolled baits at competitive prices.

S

Simon Ford

As long as you have a full list of whats in the bait (ingrediants) then there shouldn`t be a problem.
Most of the bait rolling companies will supply them to you either free or for a small charge.(better than having sommat like 25K of bait confiscated though?)

C

Carp Angler

It would certainly be the start to a nightmare trip, having your bait confiscated at the ferry terminal.

Driving down thru France attempting to find a Decathlon and buy some cheap ready mades.

D

dave langford

LETS HOPE ITS ALL OVER SOON, SO WE CAN GET BACK TO NORMAL.

D

danny reynolds

Thanks everyone there is some excellent advice here,my mates have just returned from etang de cornees and they have didnt have any problems with homemades,by the way etang de cornees(in all the carp mags) fished really well has anyone else fished there, my mates had three thirties in a hour and half,sounds superb,will write all about it when i get back ,thanks again for the advice.

R

Ray Wood

Thanks all for your tips. Just hoping now that all goes okay Getting out there. The Trip is booked for 16 - 23 June So I'll let you know how we got on.
Thanks again
Ray.

D

Dave Langford

me and a few mates have booked a week at maurepaire in late june, can anyone give me a few tips on how to fish it , and whats a good to use?

many thanks dave