Selby Thank You’s!

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Cakey and myself would like to thank absolutely everyone who attended this years James Farrow Memorial and Second Chance Charity event. It’s got to be said that it knocked the sox off of last years compo and that’s down to all of those involved and especially the following individuals:

Gordon Fowler - who manages Selby for his superb hospitality, understanding, help and guidance but above all else his total generosity. Many of you will not be aware that Gordon donated over ?100 worth of bait to help raise cash as well as going on to spend ?80 on an auction product just to raise the stakes. On behalf of Fishing Magic, everyone who attended and Second Chance we thank you Gordon and although our southern venues will change from year to year, if I have anything to do with it we will retain Selby as our permanent northern fixture from here on in and as tribute for your hospitality.

Mike Lee – For his superb catering contribution. Mike pulled his wagon up from Norfolk to make sure that for three mornings running everyone had hot grub inside them. The best Bacon, Egg, Mushroom, Black pudding and Sausage Baps in the world, For that we thank you mate and I for one am already missing them!

Warren Gaunt – For spending many weeks preparing the superb BBQ food cooked over an 8 hour period and making sure the booze was plentiful. You surpassed yourself mate and done us all very proud.

And last but not least, for everyone who attended (and nearly attended) and contributed in many different ways: The ?50 entry fee, the sponsorship raised, The raffle ticket purchasing, The Auction participation and the contributor gifts.

Although we were going to keep back the amount raised until I’d got underway with the event write-up, well, quite simple we couldn’t wait so here goes. As with last year, the amount raised is before costs such as lake fees, trophies, food, booze etc, but on behalf of Cakey and myself we are proud to announce that once all cheques and outstanding monies have arrived, we would have just topped ?4000. That’s ?1000 more than last years and collectively as this is our second event that’s ?7000 raised for Second Chance!

We are proud of you all and you too should be extremely proud of what you’ve achieved for such a worthy charity and event.

F

Fred Bonney

Well done all of you guys and girl,sorry i didn't show up on Wednesday.

L

Les Clark

?4000 for 2nd chance,at the end of the day,that is what it was all about,Magic.

Ozz Buchan

Reaction score
WOW!
Thats brill, everyone deserves a pat on the back.
Lets go again!

S

Stu Black

Mike lee's parting words were see you next year m8. I said do we have to wait that long? it was a great do

W

Wendy Perry

that is a fantastic amount!!!! just think what them kids can do with that

C

Cakey

What about a fish-in for a couple of days end of September mid way some where??

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
May be interested, NO DEFINITELY INTERESTED, but it depends on when and where and holiday left if its mid week.