When is a boilie not a boilie

V

vince battams

If boilies are banned on a water is there anyway of [legitimately lol]turning a boilie into not a boilie?

C

Cakey

Got a boilie ban on one of my waters but they allow air dried baits (must not boil first) and you can use paste ,so what the members do is wrap the paste round a hair rigged cork ball.
Strange thing is on this water I'm allowed to use tigers.

T

The Monk

sadly many of the smaller localised clubs are run by people who realy shouldnt be involved with that type of thing, they will ban things without logical reason. I know a few clubs in my own area who have banned boilies yet ask them what a boilie is and they cant answer

is it any wonder angling is in such a mess!

G

Golden Balls

I've got waters near me that have banned boilies but they haven't got a reason for it and they dont even now what one is, all they no is that its round!! When i fished them waters all i did was made my own hookbaits but made them pellet shaped, or bought the boilies and cut them into a different shape and they haven't a problem with that. WHY? I DONT NO!

R

Ryan Whalesby

If you've got a bag of readymades, stick them in an old blender until they are fine (ish) crumb and mix them in with your groundbait.

If you make your own boilies just dont roll or boil them, it saves time at least, and pinch bits off the big ball of paste for hookbait and free offerings.

One of my waters has a boilie ban but No ban on tiger nuts. In fairness to the club though, all the other lakes dont have bans. The non boilie lake was purchased as a 'fun' alternative lake, and it does make a nice change using alternative baits, that unless there was a ban on boilies, most people would be too lazy to use (myself included!!)

I

Ian Whittaker

Netted paste baits are a good way of getting round boilie bans.

M

Mark Spod

The bait company or Heathrow bait services both supply very good pellet hooker baits. In reality they are actually boillies but are made the shape of a pellet and colur/flavour to match your chosen pellets, ideal in your circumstances