Can anyone help?

Chris Cook

FM Trade Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I have been a bit of a lurker on this site, I read the messages but only really contribute on the fly fishing forum as this is where my knowledge lies.

About 10 years ago I used to fish for roach, tench and carp in the pond across the road from where I still live. A couple of years later I moved on to fly fishing and have done this ever since.

I am 19 and a student. I fly fish about 2 or 3 times a week and have done all over the world. Fly fishing is my life, sad as it sounds.

Recently I have been watching a few tv programmes on fishing for carp and would really like to give it a decent go. When I used to do it, it used to be a half hearted effort, go over the road for a couple of hours with a couple of pieces of sweetcorn and I had no idea what I was doing. My biggest fish was about 8lbs - a nice fish but nothing big by todays standards!

What I am after is a kind person who is willing to show me the basics. Perhaps I could accompany them on a fishing trip (overnight included fishing???). I have no carp equipment at all, just myself. I am willing to travel more or less anywhere in the country. I live in Surrey. I am able to fish any day of the week given enough notice.

If anyone is willing to take me along on a fishing trip and provide any spare equipment they have I would be really grateful. I would really like to catch a decent sized carp, it was kind of a boyhood dream which I may be able to fulfil some years later.

If you are able to help please either replt to the thread or e-mail me at flyfishingguru@yahoo.com

Kind regards

Chris Cook

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Farlows, Wednesday 14th at lunchtime thru til follwoing morning. M25 junction with M40.

Chris Cook

FM Trade Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Staurt, can you give me more details. What is Farlows? (Apart from an expensive fishing shop in London!)
Apart from that the 14th-15th is good for me

Regards

Chris

Chris

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Its a lake we're fishing. Can someone put a link up here please as I'm flying out the door. Cakey? Wol?

PS - Chris, don't come if you've got any inflictions as we're the worse pi55 takers in the world!! Wahaaa!

Chris Cook

FM Trade Member
Reaction score
Good stuff Stuart. I would really like to join you. Does anyone have any tackle I would be able to lend me for the occassion?
Don't worry about giving stick, I'm sure I can give it back to y'all!

Looking forward to it but don't expect too much!

Regard

Chris

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

<a href=http://www.boyer.co.uk/farlows.asp
>Farlows</a>

I got 2 rods n reels loaded and ready to go, alarm anyone else?

W

<a href=http://www.boyer.co.uk/farlows.asp
>Farlows</a>

W

<a href=http://www.boyer.co.uk/farlows.asp>Farlows</a>

Chris Cook

FM Trade Member
Reaction score
Many thanks for the messages, I got the link to work in the end! The lake looks really nice. I could only find season ticket prices on the website, what is the cost for a day ticket (or night ticket??)
What other gear will I need to bring?
I'm off out now but will reply to any relies later.
Thanks for everyone's help so far

Chris

M

Mike Lee

If he's not hungry or thirsty I would be really worried! ;-)))))))

W

Be right up your street then Cakey, you bandit you!

L

Les Clark

Cakey,Is that the new one by the "red hot chilli pepper`s".

D

Dave O'L

All I can say is when I fished Farlows, I was lucky you lot weren't there! :)