Decision made!

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
I posted a thread a few days ago asking for ideas for a venue for a 5 day session next week. Thanks for the ideas, i've decided to go to Linear. Three Lakes was a close second but particles being banned on there made the decision for me.

I've viewed the website and have the number to ring for info but would welcome any hints or tip anyone can give me. For info I've not decided which lake I'll be fishing, I'm open to offers combined with what I see when I get there.

Thanks in advance!

Ozz Buchan

Reaction score
Ric,
take a walk round St Johns first,
if the weather is mild head round into the
far bay, and walk along the last bank(so the float lake is behind you) its about 8ft
above water level and you get a really good view of any fish on the move and where the bars are.
Manor is the other side of the float lake
and is worth having a look at as well, try and pick out the quiet areas and watch for a few mins, see em, move onto em,
a phone call to Roy the head bailiff won't go amiss, but be prepared to use your own judgement, and move if you need to.
If your looking for fairly active sport,
I'd reccomend St Johns. And take some mixer as well.
Last year around May/June I heard that after a three day event for Juniors most of the fish fell to the plastic corn/maize.

Hope I've not bored you too much..
Let us know how it goes.

Ric Elwin

Reaction score
Ozz that's great, not bored one little bit! Yes I do intend to make my own decisions in life that's probably why I'm separated! he he. I'm interested in what you say about mixers...I love taking fish off the top but on pressurised waters like these, are they still catchable? On my local club water that is by no means hammered it's nigh on impossible to catch on floaters unless you can drape the line over a reed stem/ thin branch so the line is completely off the water.

I've just received the Linear 03 brochure which is an interesting read. Hardwick/ Smiths sounds interesting and possibly a bit less popular than St. Johns?

Ozz Buchan

Reaction score
Ric,
Pick up a copy of this weeks CarpTalk,
Interesting read on the Linear updates!
Zigs are also worth a go on St Johns,
Hardwick and Smiths are generally less pressured but also harder, Like I said it all depends on what you want from it.
I'm gonna P.M. you, we'll take it from there......
Ozz