The Kevin Perkins Appreciation Thread

S

Sascha Welsch

Yes. I am one of those lurkers that don't comment on the articles all that often. I look every day and eagerly read not just Kevin's but all the articles on FISHINGmagic and probably take them for granted which is wrong.

This site is THE best fishing site.

Well done and thankyou to all the contributors who write articles and make this site what it is.

A

Ashe Hurst

Hi all.
Im on here every day, and normaly end up posting something.

I love the way you can put across your opinion or make a comment that warrents a response and get plenty of feed back, most of which is supportive and constructive.

however i can sometimes rammble on and the same questions or comments come back. Its then that I like many others sometimes repeat old messages.

I do hope that those governing bodies read FM and take note or action on all of our views.

Its also a great site for those governing bodies to carry out research with the amount of info being subbmitted.

ARE YOU TAKING NOTE?

Wendy, are you the only young lady on FM?
With all the comments on Do Fish Feel Pain and Sanitary towls in the Ribble, the valid comments from other females would be of great use.

D

Dave Slater

I enjoy reading the articles and look at the site every day. I think it is brilliant. There is an excellent mix. There are articles and threads on serious issues. There are articles and threads which give good information to help catch fish. If there is something you want advice on you can post your own thread. Best of all you can have a good laugh on the site. I really love some of the banter. I am also very happy to find that there are people who hate McCartney more than I do. Thanks Ron!

K

Kevin Perkins

Oh dear, I am blushing as I write this!

Firstly, the article wasn't meant to come across as me fishing for compliments. I am just amazed that it is a over a year on and some 50 articles later. Not bad for someone with no previous writing experience. I was trying to sing the praises of all the other FM contributors, because I do fully understand the effort that they put in to the articles they submit.(They have to think about theirs, the articles have to be well written and make sense. Mine are just the ramblings of someone who hasn't even got a plot to lose!)

Thanks everyone

Kevin

D

Dave Slater

Keep up the good work Kevin. I thoroughly enjoy your articles. The may even inspire me to do one myself when I have a few spare hours. I look forward to reading your next article.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Like many others here I visit the site several times a day for my regular "fix" of Articles, Reviews and Forum threads.

Most of you know that I live in the USA and only get home to fish 5 or 6 times a year, so I *need* my daily "fix" otherwise I find myself feeling quite homesick.
So, a big thank you is in order to Kevin and all the other talented contributors to FM.
I do wish that I had more spare time with which I could contribute more, maybe even an article or two.
I have a few drafts sitting on my hard drive so I can fully understand Kevin's comment regarding those times when the ideas just won't flow.

Once again, thanks to Kevin and all the other FM contributors.

D

Davy North

Kevin

Keep it up. In weeks like this when the whole site seems dominated by bloody anti's it can feel like we've got our backs against the wall, your articles put over the reason we fish, because we love it.