Uploading Face

Kiwi Carper

Reaction score
OK call me thick if u want but I cant get my pic on I go to "My Face" do the browse and select thing then it tells me to hit upload button......what bloody upload button???????

Anyone help me out here
Please

S

Stuart Harvey

Once you've double clicked on the file that you want to upload, there is a Upload and Cancel.

It might be missing if you're viewing it from your works PC, they might have some firewall preventing you from uploading files.

Kiwi Carper

Reaction score
Cheers Stu but I dont have an Upload or cancel button and Im on my home PC any more ideas?????

Andy Young

Reaction score
Hi Kiwi,

absolutly no help at all, but I just went to "My Face" and all I had was a "Change Face" optoin, nice idea really, but I guess i'm stuck with it! (I've shaved since though)

Can I remember reading you saying something about getting some photos out for us?

Andy

Kiwi Carper

Reaction score
Yeah I will eventually just getting a business up and running so not getting chance to wet too many lines......
Though I started writing an article on NZ Carping and took pleny of scenery shots just need to get out snap a few lumps and finish writing it.....maybe ready around 2006.......

L

Les Clark

Kiwi, just had a quick look,click on to my face,then pick a photo(browse) then upload, but saying that I tried to change mine the other night,gave up after 3hr`s,best of luck.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Kiwi,
sometimes the page doesn't load properly and at the bottom you only see the box where the file name goes with the 'browse' button next to it. If you try exiting and then refresh the page it might show you the two buttons under these which say 'UPLOAD' and 'CANCEL'. I've had the same problem before and just kept trying and after a while the page loaded correctly, if not send them to Graham and ask him to do it for you as he has offered anyone having problems with it in the past.

R

Rodney Wrestt

The image is then checked before it goes live, so no naughties get through :eek:)

P

Phil Hatton

It took me two days to upload mine and look at the result !!

S

Shrek

You could always email your picture across to Graham M and ask him nicely to do it for you

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I can no longer upload the pictures for people due to privacy laws, but as I told Kiwi in a reply to a private email, if anyone sends their face-it picture to me I'll edit it to the right size and format and return it ready for uploading.

S

Stuart Bullard

....privacy laws. What bollocks er Graham. You know what I found out at the weekend ?That by law you are not allowed to have a pint in the same glass any more. The landlord must provide a new clean glass. What utter garbage. If I want to use the same glass, and save on all the heating and detergents that are used, I reckon that is my privilege.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
You're right Stuart, but if you send the original of your face-it pic to me I'll get it to the right 'shape' for you. I know you don't really look like that.......

Kiwi Carper

Reaction score
Thanks all the techies are investigating so should get a kiwi carp on sooner or later

Kiwi Carper

Reaction score
I did it I did it wayhay
Thats the daughter with her first ever carp

Andy Young

Reaction score
Kiwi, 2006 righto, we'll hold you to that, but we look forward it anyway.

Congratulations to the little one, it's a fine start to something great.
And I wish you all the best for your venture, but make sure you get time for the little ones, and yourself, where you can, after all, these are the people your working for!

Rodney, if Graham vets the piccies, how did Stu D's get through?

Phil, I think I recognize ya from somewhere!

Stu B, drink it from the tap! Went to a pub recently that didn't have glasses, they had plastics, which made for a dearer pint!

R

Rodney Wrestt

Andy,
when Stuart was uploading his mug shot he did the old "is that something falling out your wallet Graham?" trick and when his back was turned........

:eek:)