Thankyou all - From Selby Three Lakes

Axe Man

Reaction score
I would just like to say a big thankyou to all the FM anglers who attended your latest fish-in, on behalf of Gordon Fowler the fisheries manager at Selby Three Lakes.

I have just spoken to him regarding the catch-reports and he was telling me how impressed he was by the fish-in event as a whole; and the anglers who attended.

Gordon does not have a PC, and as I am his 'secretary' :) I thought I would post this.

Could some kind person please list the captures from this event, as they were not recorded and I need to update the Selby website to reflect this.

Cheers

Axe (Selby Webmaster)

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Axe, Ooooooooooer, on the FM site!

Great site for Selby, slow down the Pong.

Not sure on all the captures, best was 26ish i fink mate, no doubt one of the lads will fill you in.

Anyhow, i'm off for a few days wiv Pokemon.

Ta ta

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Axe, unfortunately, Stuart Dennis, the organiser of the Selby fish-in, was going to send me a report of the fish-in but since then he's had a few problems and hasn't been able to do it yet. I'm sure it won't be too long before he sorts things out though.

L

Les Clark

Gordon Fowler,A real gent, top man,and I quite liked him,my thanks to him and i hope to see him in the future.

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Les was being shy I belive he had the top fish at 241/2lbs. Please thank Gordon for his hospitality.

Axe Man

Reaction score
Thanks gents for all the replies.

I will pass your best wishes on to Gordon and await for all the fish-in results to be posted as and when it is possible.

Regards

Axe

S

Stu Black

Graham/ Axe do you want a pic of my fish? caught on our last night, after the compo?

Stu

S

Stu Black

Les.........didnt you have a 26? Ok i was drunk then, and im drunk now

L

Les Clark

Stu,No i had a 24.5lb in the comp,but young Lee had a 26.5lb before the comp.
Stu d had a 23.5lb but wasnt in the comp,
Ozz had 2x12ibs in the comp,I also had a 19 but not in the comp,Stu I hope your not drunk now overwise you wont understand all this,mind you it`s 6.55am and im on my first beer,but i have just come off night shift.

W

Wendy Perry

Axe pass my regards on to Gordon as well he was a lovely guy and i hope to go up there again and hopefully catch Lucy :eek:)

Axe Man

Reaction score
I certainly will Wendy. Lucy is a fine carp.

Any photos you guys have of the fish caught over the days you were there are welcome on the Selby site.

Your name, fish weight, bait and swim would all be preferred. Name and fish weight at least ;-)

I can upload the pics to the 2003 gallery and link also from the catch-reports page once I have the definative list of captors and fish.

Email to: Rob@selby3lakes.co.uk

Many thanks.

Axe

Ozz Buchan

Reaction score
Hiya Axe,
I've got some of the fish on pc and pretty much know the captures, I just need confirmation from a few of the guys and
If everyone want's I'll list them for you and get those that have their own pics to e-mail direct to you.
I've got Lee's and Stuarts if anyone else wants to e-mail Axe direct please do so,
Otherwise e-email me with their captures and pics and I'll list through to Axe.
Cheers Guys
Ozz

S

Sascha Welsch

20lb 10oz mirror caught from Lake 2, next to "Pads" swim ("Dark Hole" I think??) on homemade bait. No photo as couldn't wake Les up at 1am after his exertions with the 24 and the following beer. Plus he's getting on a bit and needs his rest :)

Do tench, bream and eels count???

S

Sascha Welsch

Only meant in jest Les, it was a pleasure to have your company in the next swim.

It was Stu, on a 16mm snowman, a right screamer as well. Sort of put me off my intended spodded and popped-up maggots fishing plan that did!!

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Austin (oz) if you are putting a list together for Axeman of what was caught at Selby both within and without the competition I for one would be interested to know what was caught and by whom. If you manage to collate all the info would you be so kind as to post it on this thread.

Thanks

Richard.

Ozz Buchan

Reaction score
Yeah will do Richard,
I could do with the difinitive list if everyone could pm me and I'll put it together.
Just a quick confirmation of weights bait and peg and I should be able to sort.