Rods & Reels

D

Dave Celio

Hello!

I have been carp fishing for a number of years now and have just managed to persuade a friend to start! I want to give him advice on what to by to start off with. He is not hard up for a few quid so he would like to buy decent gear.

What would you recommend.? He is looking to spend approx ?100 max per rod and the same per reel. (preferrably Big Pits) I mentioned Daiwa reels(with conversions) and Powermesh rods maybe??

Also, Has anyone tried the new Shimano Techniums?? What do you think and where is the cheapest place to buy such reels from??

Thanks in advance :)

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
At those prices he should be able to pick up some good gear and a lot will come down to personal preference. I suggest looking at one or two rods and reels in tackle shops remembering to feel the rod balance with a reel attached. Then look on the web for the best price if he is not happy with the price the shop offers.

D

Dave Rothery

daiwa emblem 5000t's about ?50 each (i've had 4 since they first came out and use them from everything from the near to far margin!)- put more money into the rods or decent bait

R

Rob Savage

try contacting tonys tackle,yhey advertise some great deals in carpworld, i saw they had 13ft 2&3/4lb tc nashy persuits for around ?85each!!!!!!