new to carp fishing

stephen west

Reaction score
Hi all, I discovered the joys of carp fishing late last year at woodlands thirsk. Since then I have joined Aycliffe fishing club with the intension of getting more carp fishing in this year at low cost, I have fished the water twice now with no luck!!.I am after some advice how to fish new waters for carp as the only way I go about it at the moment is to fish in-line leads hair rigs multi baits and fish the margins.Any advice would be very welcome!! cheers

N

nathan taylor

Steven, I'm new to carp fishing aswell and the first few times i went i caught nothing,i tried all types of techniques and baits.last time i went i caught a descent size carp with my mate . i used a blockend feeder filled with sweet corn and carp pellets. with a sweetcorn as hook bait.

N

nick austin

keep trying guys, iv'e been on the carp for 2 seasons, and this is the only one where i'm having a bit of luck so far!...talk to people on the bank, i found that once you start catching your catch rate increases, this "water craft" that everybody goes on about is something you gain over time, think like a fish! i wish that some of the carp mags concentrated more on the activities of carp and less on the equipment, i'm sure we'd all learn something!

A

andrew jackson

The best advice I can give you is not to get all wrapped up in bait and rig issues. Keep your rigs and bait simple and forget about them for the time being.
Location and good angling catches carp. Not the latest super bait or rig, Because in my oppinion those animals just dont exist.
Use the lessons you have learned through your general fishing and apply them to your carp fishing.
Location and the application of your bait will catch you carp just the same as any other fish, and this is the main area to concentrate on.

N

nick austin

i think Andrew put what i was going to say in a much better way.....the "super rigs" we read about in the mags etc are all very well, but put in the wrong place they are useless...so whilst all the Carping superstars are quite within their rights to develop and apply these rigs, remember that these guys have great water skills in the first place!..