Bait Recipes............

Darren Wainwright

Reaction score
Hi guys & Gals.

I have been routing through the forums looking for bait recipes. Not looking for anything specific, ie carp/barbel etc. But simply a sh** load of recipes i can make at home, and save money :) (The tight arse strikes again!)

So far the only ones i have found have been dotted around the forum. So I thought it would be great to have a thread where we can all (actually you lot :) )can share recipes.

Ideally I would like to make a bucket load of stuff that i can store in a fridge/freezer and it will keep for ages & help catch.

However daft they may seem please stick em down.

Come on guys, share the knowledge :)

Cheers

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
An excellent suggestion Darren, one that I too would benefit from. So please you Carp anglers some nice detailed recipes would be most welcome.

D

Dave Rothery

1 lb active 8 / nrg powder
12ml activ8er /nrgiser
4 eggs

easy!

D

Dave Rothery

stu - depends on size of bait you roll! i never bait up by number of baits - i do it by weight ( a fish doesn't think "i'll eat 17 balls of food" does it?)

Darren - go HERE

D

Dave Rothery

THIS is the sort of thing you get into when making bait!

It will only really be cheaper if you know where to buy the ingredients, and buy in bulk. The other problem is that you can waste an awful lot of time, effort and money trying to develope a bait. Time was that you had to do it yourself, but nowadays, there are companies there to do all the hard work for you. contrary to popular beliefs, there aren't really any "bad" baits these days - just stick to known companies.

rolling your own bait from dry mix helps....bait company charge ?85 for 10kg of mainline NRG. NRG costs ?60 for 10kg dry mix, and ?10 for the additive. ?12 for eggs. should give you around 18kg finished bait, so nearly half price (?4.55/kg instead of ?8.50/kg)

hope that makes sense!

B

Birds Nest

Ground Trout pellets, eggs.

Ground Trout Pellets, Anchovy Paste, Eggs.

Ground Trout Pellets, Ground Hallibut Pellets, Eggs.