Swapshop

Andy Young

Reaction score
I have an Abu Ambassador 10000 multiplier(ex. cond and leather pouch) and was wondering if anybody would want to swap for a centrepin.

I'm after something about 4-4.5", that's suitable for trotting, as obviously the multi. ain't.

Although I'm open to other offers

F

Fred Bonney

Andy,I've got a Grice & Young Avon Royal Supreme 4.25",which I've not used for 30 odd years,still in good nic.
I've no idea if it would be a fair swap though or if it's good enough by today's standards.
Any views anyone?

S

Shrek

Fred, the reel you have is quite a popular purchase if Ebay is anything to go by. They often fetch somewhere in the region of ?60 for one in good condition. If it's a wide drum (sorry don't know that much about them) you might find it fetches more as these are favoured by those who seek to catch barbel and carp using them.

You might get a better idea of it's worth from this guy

Adrian

Andy Young

Reaction score
Fred, sounds interesting, is it a wide?

I know the value of the multiplier to be around ?70-?80, and if Adrian's right, things are near enough for me!

F

Fred Bonney

I'm not certain how 'wide' is defined,if it's the width of the spool it's 9/16ths" which is the same as my Youngs JW Heritage 2000.

F

Fred Bonney

Andy I'm away for the weekend,so I'll come back to you by email direct.
By the way what did you use the reel for?

Andy Young

Reaction score
Fred,

Your probably not going to get this before you go away, but I hope you're having a good time anyway.

I'm not sure what 'wide' is, but that seems fairly narrow, I'm looking to bung on 100yds of 4lb will that go okay.

I've never used the Abu, it was passed on to me, so I don't really want to sell it, but get some use, even if it means swap for pin, that would get usd.

look forward to the Email.