Compact digi

quickcedo

Reaction score
I know this question has come up before but, I have searched the old threads and can't find the answer i need so, I am looking to buy a second hand compact to take fishing (that's all it's for). My only needs are, it must have a swivel screen and pref. 6.0mps and above. Looked at the canon a630, 640, and 650. Are there any others to look for? Cheers guys and girls and those who can't decide!

PLEASE PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE!!

Last edited:

dezza

Reaction score
If I wanted a compact digital camera I would have the Canon G11.

It's an belting camera that will do virtually all what a DSLR with about 4 lenses will, and give very high quality images.

And you can get them with up to nearly £200 knocked off.

Rickrod

Reaction score
samsung do a compact digi with a lcd screen on the front for self takes at argos for £230 or abouts

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
I would go for the [ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001T0H0RG/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=103612307&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B001T0H0TY&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=1N7H9T0S41W52MRW483E"]Panasonic Lumix TZ7[/ame] that they're advertising on TV right now. Brilliant camera.

quickcedo

Reaction score
Thanks chaps. A bit of a turn up today. I spoke to a friend re cameras and he produced a canon S2 iS and said I could have it FREE! woohoo. just sat here playing with it (the camera). Only 5mps but it was free. Did I mention it was free?
Anything I need to know about it???????

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Is it this one?
imagemagic.php

If so, lucky devil......

If your pictures are just to display on a screen then 5mps will be fine. It's only if you want prints of A3 size when it gets a problem

quickcedo

Reaction score
Yeah most people I've told have been a little less polite re my luck!!
I will at times want to print the odd pic off but certainly not to A3 size, just normal size (whatever that is). The tiddlers I catch don't warrant anything bigger.
Yes Jeff that's the one.