Fluoro carbon

R

Ryan Whalesby

Has anybody used/abused this new X line , fluoro carbon stuff.

Not having used it myself I was wondering if anybody had any feed back about it.

I like the idea of a line nearly invisable in the water, but I'm not sure about the lack of strech and abrasion resistance. I have, and do use fluoro carbon hooklinks.. which I have had no problems with... but only in short lengths though, not as a main line.

Ry.

M

Mike Lee

Hi Ryan, What advantage do you feel that flouro main line will give you?

If fish can't see your line, they may swim into it.

If they can swim into it then its not following the contours of the bottom.

Etc.

C

Cakey

I like the fish to see my line,they spook on what they cant see not what they can.
Now i'm in trouble bring it on Andy J.

D

Dave Rothery

thats what hutchy thinks (and he might have a point!)

A

Andy Bird

hi ryan, iv'e used x line for 12 months now and i am really pleased with it, i'm not sure it would be a benefit on all types of waters though .you see i mainly fish very clear gravel pits ,it's definetly less visible and as long as you fish relatively slack lines as i do ,fish swimming into it shouldn't be a problem.as for abrasion resistance i find it's as good if not better than any other mono's that i've used[bullet,fox bar buster, synergy,gr60].i'd advise you to give it a go, i certainly wasn't disapointed.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

I like the fish to see my line,they spook on what they cant see not what they can.
Now i'm in trouble bring it on Andy J.

C

Cakey

hi Warren, iv'e used x line for 12 months now and i am really pleased with it, i'm not sure it would be a benefit on all types of waters though .you see i mainly fish very clear gravel pits ,it's definetly less visible and as long as you fish relatively slack lines as i do ,fish swimming into it shouldn't be a problem.as for abrasion resistance i find it's as good if not better than any other mono's that i've used[bullet,fox bar buster, synergy,gr60].i'd advise you to give it a go, i certainly wasn't disapointed.

M

Mike Lee

hi Cakey, iv'e used x line for 12 months now and i am really pleased with it, i'm not sure it would be a benefit on all types of waters though .you see i mainly fish very clear gravel pits ,it's definetly less visible and as long as you fish relatively slack lines as i do ,fish swimming into it shouldn't be a problem.as for abrasion resistance i find it's as good if not better than any other mono's that i've used[bullet,fox bar buster, synergy,gr60].i'd advise you to give it a go, i certainly wasn't disapointed.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

This machine`s still playing up,im getting a echo now!

C

Cakey

Thats a shame Les because this is a really helpful thread.thread.thread.thread.