cheap vitalin

T

tom riordan

I don't know if it has already been covered elsewhere but morrisons supermarket have a promotion going at the moment 99p for a 2.5 kilo bag of original vitalin. I have been buying the same bags for ?2.20 at the farm feed stores in market harborough. My backs broke loading the van with the bags but its worth it.

R

Richard Bytheway

alway pay about a quid for a bag .
went to my local pets at home supermarket and they had a 15 kilo bag for ?12.50 and like you say a 2.5 klio for 99p. IT MUST BE CHEAPER TO BUY IN BULK ? well obviously not .
ALWAYS READ THE LABEL. lol
tight lines

C

chris day

To the best of my knowledge, Vitalin is ?6.99 for 15kilos in Pets at Home at the moment and is usually ?7.99. Why the price difference?

T

tom riordan

I like the small bags of vitalin for storage purposes. It takes me too long to use up a full 25kg bag and I always worry about it getting damp and gungy. It takes me about 3 weeks to use a 2.5kg bag of vitalin so I have got myself a good supply of small bags to last me through the summer and the bags stack away nicely in the old airing cupboard in the garage.

W

William Spencer

i'm new to using vitalin what's the best way to mix this?what freebies do we add?

C

chris day

Add a little hot water or hemp/tigers water and whatever partciles/feed you like. Mix into balls and leave over night. Voila,,,,,,,,,,

C

Carp Angler

My usual way is

Pour a large amount of Haiths Red Band into a bowl, mix in a generous amount of trout pellets and then cover them with copious amounts of boiling water. The trout pellets dissolve and you are left with pellet and aniseed smelling particles. I then mix the Vitalin into this and form cricket ball sized groundbait balls, I then put all these into a bowl and freeze them.

I freeze them for two reasons; one, I find that Vitalin goes crumbly several hours after it is made and the freezing stops this. Two, the duck population are unable to make any headway on the frozen balls when I chuck them in. They soon thaw out in the water leaving the bait on the lakebed for the fish. Also, the silver fish population soon clear away Vitalin if the carp don't find it.

Evidence of it's effectiveness.....
here

B

Birds Nest

And thats sooo not the method I'm using on the rivers come the new season, miles different.. honest..

R

Rodney Wrestt

Hi Rik,
You back for good this time?

I said it before but it's got to be said again, That's a beautifull fish, if I was a male fish that would be out of my league.....kind of like reality as an angler really, :eek:)

Doesn't the frozen mix float? maybe that's why you wouldn't use it on a river ehh B.N. :eek:)

A

Andrew Thomas

I'll testify to Rik's recipe....it most certainly sinks like a stone on rivers and when frozen is easier to throw long distances and will obviously take longer to break down, an advantage in pre-baiting.

daren heslop

Reaction score
Dog food Nige.When i opened my first bag i thought it would never work but when its been wetted down it takes on a different appearance.I use equil amounts of vitalin fishmeal ground hemp and dynamite betaine.