Those annoying tench...and bream....

S

Sascha Welsch

As a tench fanatic and only part-time carper I'm aware that many carpers get regularly "annoyed" by the tincas taking baits intended for carp. Are there any baits which you can say have stood out as being addictive to tench or even bream, roach etc ?
I always believed eels would give more problems when useing fishmeals but I've had more on milk-protein baits than anything else. Trigga, in my opinion, seems to be the ultimate bream bait on 2 or 3 venues I've fished but I've never come across a tench attractor that stands head and shoulders above the rest.

D

Dave Rothery

the trick to catching bream and tench is just to say "i'm going carping. i hate bream and tench". also, try and go night fishing when you know its going to be raining at 1am. guaranteed a take from a snotty.
in the same way, go bream and tench fishing and it seems your going to catch nothing but nuisance carp.

premier baits peach melba in fishmeals did the trick for me with tench, but to be honest i think that (like a carp) they will eat whatevers in front of them....

S

Sascha Welsch

Now it's funny you say that Dave but I've always found tench to be a definate no no in the rain. Bream on the other hand seem to love it! I agree, I've had them both on most carp baits but some stand out eg the Trigga for bream!! Cheese is another additive that always seems to attract bream for me.

S

Sascha Welsch

But no more than other species David! Nice tench by the way, what did that go on the scales?

R

Rob Savage

give mainline's Grange mix with corn steep liqure a try

A

andrew jackson

Big pellet hook baits presented in a pva bag full of tiny pellets. Guarenteed to catch a Bream or Tench just as it goes too dark to cast back into that tiny hole in the weed. LOL

alan strickland

Reaction score
Try homemade boilies with a touch of almond flav but only boil for 20sec (just long enough for a slight skin or air dry unboiled)
Or red maggot over a bed of hemp/castor

J

Joe Doggrell

however you fish you will always attract the odd tench or bream wherever you go, but surely catching the odd bream or tench is better than not catching anything at tall.

A

Andrew Thomas

Try a halibut pellet soaked in Assassin-8 glug for tench.

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Funny old game fishing. I went to the local pits at about 2.30 to say hello to a couple of friends who were just setting up. I went home after 15 mins to do chores in the garden. Returned to see them at 8.15 and apart from a few small fish no tench. Another friend had arrived just after I left in the afternoon and he had also blanked. I borrowed Joe's float road that I had earlier set up for him on the lift method and fished about 7-8ft out in 5ft of water tight to some lillies, bang within 5 mins of chucking out a small lift then a sail away bite and a nice tench around 51/2 - 6lbs. Funny old game isn't it, the other three didn't laugh for some reason. However Barbara did well 2 nights ago a Bream to 9lbs 4 ozs and 7 Tench best went 7lbs 3ozs all on the float and red maggot hardly a rod lenght out. A good result in anybodies book.

M

Mike Lee

10lb 10oz David, That's a mega tench mate, Nice one!!!!
Which area of the country did that come from?

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Mike.........................................................................................................................................potential poacher?
A cracking fish David, very well done.

Where did you catch it!

And no I'm not a potential poacher.

Just joking Mike.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Mike "Where did you catch it! And no I'm not a potential poacher."

Covert potential poacher? :eek:)

Nice fish David, and I don't want to know where you caught it from................ohh all right then if you must :eek:)

R

Rodney Wrestt

Sorry it was meant to be...........

Richard said "Where did you catch it! And no I'm not a potential poacher."

Covert potential poacher? :eek:)

D

Dave Rothery

theres no big tench (and definately not a 11lb7oz) in rmc papercourt.....