what bait

S

Stu Black

paste, pellet, pate, cheese, dog bisciuts, cat food, sugar puffs, you name it, they'll take it

S

Sascha Welsch

Daniel,
I don't mean to have a go but reading a variety of your posts you seem to be looking for "the wonderbait" which frankly, doesn't exist. If I were you I'd stick to maggots, worms and sweetcorn (or something else simple)and see what comes along. Given time on the water you're fishing you should be able to experiment with different baits to see if they make a difference.

Fish for bites!

D

Dave Rothery

ask the people that are catching what they are using....

P

pete swanson

try chick peas as it is very underated for carp, straight from the tin or will take a flavour /colour.very cheap and as carp dont see them very often these days it does'nt scare them. give it a go it does work.......

L

Les Clark

Tares,blackeyed beans,kidney beans(all have to be soaked for at least 48hrs, then cooked for30 mins).
But there is so much in your local supermarket,and yes,popped up sweetcorn can work.

W

Warren Podmore

I've recently made bread from ground pellet and crushed hemp.What you do is buy a pack of dried yeast and follow the recipe on the pack,replacing half of the flour with ground pellet and hemp.You have to use twice the amount of yeast and sugar to get this heavy mix to rise.You also have to let it stand for longer before baking.It smells strange but it catches fish.

J

jason fisher

i happen to know that cheekey monkey had quite a good day on chick peas this week.

M

michael rouse

Chopped worm(Dendrobenas if possible)and casters have worked well for me last year.Had loads of small carp but i lost a few good fish.

M

mel Crighton

Worms, worms, and more worm working for me at the moment, and bread. had really good day on just those two baits.

Tony Burgess

Reaction score
you want me to come and set you up,cast in then feed you din dins ? I know i said that i would come out with pointless questions but....is it me ?

Wayne Duffin 3

Reaction score
i've found prawn(not the salted kind) over fishmeal pellet to work well for all sizes of carp you can also feed some hemp over the top but i normaly fish just feed pellet and peices of prawn

ferret

Reaction score
This as got to be my year, fish date 16 Aug my lakes dead way to much weed its that thick even I can walk on water (SCARBOROUGH MERE) so went to (ROSEDALE lake) Hummanby best day`s fishing, Roach,& rudd on 4mtr WHIP(DOWN BOY);.) did that most of the day just like fishing when I was a lad pin&cane the best.

At 4 went on to the feeder ProLogic this is one hell of a rod cost ?119 with lifetime guarantee now that has got to be the best deal. soaked 2ltr of trout pellets for the cage & 4ml exspanders for the hook got smashed on first cast, missed on next AND then wham tip went that way -> rod went round -> then <- ->-> this way and that way a good 20 min blood sweat and MY GOD this cream coloured thing boiled on top then went up the lake then down and down by the way at my feet it was 20ft down and then it saw the net well it saw the net 3 times and with some help (THANKYOU FOR YOUR HELP SORRY TOLD YOU MY NAME, ALAN DID NOT GET YOURS OR YOUR WIFES NAME but did give them this site and told them to look 4 ferret hi) and all of my bait as they were over here (SCARBOROUGH) for the week fishing and the rest you know holliday things,then it was in the net 10bl plus mirror carp took lots and lots of photos film full see this space next 48 hours all will be here I hope. And it`s down to this site for all of your help SO THANKS Fm