Selling up...

D

Dave Barnett

FISHING EQUIPMENT FOR SALE

Complete set of fishing tackle built up over the last 10 years. I don't go often enough to justify having all this stuff sat in the garage!
I can get a complete list for anyone who is genuinely interested but it'd be best for prospective buyers to come and have a look at it all. A rough overview goes something like:
- rods (float, ledger, carp, spinning, pole, whip, boat/pier and more...)
- reels (DAM, Daiwa, Shakespeare, Mitchell etc)
- luggage (Team Daiwa seat-box with Octoplus XL mainframe and accessories, carryall, rod holdall)
- all nets and handles/banksticks
- everything else you need (floats, hooks, weights, brolly, scales, pole rigs - EVERYTHING!)
Would make the perfect set up for beginner or experienced angler.
Looking for ?250 - well over ?800s worth of stuff here...
Based in York - mail me to arrange a viewing - dirtscene@btopenworld.com

L

Les Clark

Dave,DONT SELL IT,keep it,?800 worth of gear,so what,keep it in the garage you may want to take it up again,it will cost you a arm and a leg in a couple of years time,I know to my cost.

D

Dave Barnett

Yeh well I'd quite like to keep it but I got too many expensive hobbies and this has got to be sacrificed I think! If I do get back into it, I'm just gonna get a nice carp rod and a few bits and pieces - can't beat stalking big carp... so no need for all this ^^^^^!

Forgot to say, all the stuff is top notch! All the luggage is Team Daiwa, rods are nice etc.

Anyone interested?

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
You think wrongly Dave, now you have the gear the only cost is storage space, please think again you may well regret it in the future if you get rid of the gear now.

daren heslop

Reaction score
Bin one of the hobbies Dave,Ive just flogged my metal detector because I havent got any time for hobbies im too busy fishing.

D

Dave Slater

I packed up for a couple of seasons some time ago and sold all my gear. Cost a fortune to replace and also took a lot of time. Keep your gear. I am sure you will need it again in the future.

D

Dave Rothery

stick it all on ebay - you'll get well over the odds for it. your right....sell all your gear and buy some carp kit. only fish worth catching eh ron?

R

Ron Clay

Barbel kit Dave.

Seriously, it is always very sad to hear of someone giving up our sport. In my life I have had the odd lay-off from fishing. I didnt cast a line for nearly 2 days after I got married for example.

The lay- off does make you return to the sport refreshed..... :eek:)

D

Dave Rothery

i didnt fish for a couple of years in the early 90's (burnt out at 18!) and was glad i hadn't sold up with the way tackle costs had spiralled

D

Dave Barnett

Yeh well I'll see about it guys... walking into work this morning in the sun, all I could think about was being on the bank!

I think I'll just have to be content with the bike I've got now and put other plans for the new house on hold...

Anyone know of good places to fish in West Yorkshire near Halifax/Elland???

L

Les Clark

Ron,TWO DAYS,blimey mate,bet you were bored,what the hell did you do instead?.

R

Ron Clay

Ah, what memories Les.

Those evening beach parties where we caught bluefish from the Natal coast and then barbied them on the beach. Went down a treat with Castle Lager.

What a fabulous honeymoon!

It rained most of the time - honest!!

Reaction score
Glad your having a rethink Dave, I didnt
go fishing for 20 years but I had not got
rid of my stuff. It wasnt a lot but it made
it a bit cheaper to start again. good on
you mate.

D

Dave Williams

Sent you a message if you decide to sell-up give me a shout.

Dave