New PB

C

Colin Payne

Not big in the grand scheme of things but I've upped me PB to an 8lb 10oz mirror on float fished prawn! Only had a 2lb 12oz hooklink so I had a bit of a tussle on my hands.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Well done Colin, any P.B. is worth mentioning, you'll soon be into double figures. An 8lb fish can scare the .....well you know out of you especially on light gear, keep at it.

M

Mike Lee

Go for it Colin - you've caught your biggest ever carp!

It doesn't matter what your pb is, what matters is that it's your pb!

:)

Alex Timney

Reaction score
well done colin! prawns are a great bait that are not used as much as they should be.

S

stuart palfrey

Well done colin try cockles,they are also a great bait and good for a change.

C

Colin Payne

Got a jar of cockles in me bag as I walk out the door for the final sesh of the weekend!

M

Malcolm Bason

Nice one Colin.

Yep, prawns are a good bait, trouble is with me, I tend to eat them before I get a chance to use them as a hookbait! LOL

M

Mark Morton

well done. I too caught my pb about three weeks ago, the only thing is i haven't caught a thing
since. i hope you have better luck

Andy Young

Reaction score
Well done. Had mine last summer, and have set some targets for my new venues this year. Beating the PB will be a bonus, and P~#s me targets!

Step your gear up, go out there and have some more of these beauties!

C

Colin Payne

Well today I did it again. I caught a 10+ Mirror on 4 pieces of hair rigged sweetcorn!
Myself and my mate sgreed it was much bigger than the 8.10 from the other day so we settled on a double+. The only sad tinge to it was that when the carp took, myself, my mate and the fishery manager were trying rescue a very young Canada goose from a hook and several feet of line. We had to shoo the parents off while the manager grabbed the bird and took it to her office to retrieve the hook from the poor buggers mouth with some forceps. It really f***s me off some of the rubbish people leave and if we hadn't of seen it happen that little bird might not be with us now! Anyway as I returned to my rods one of them was screaming off(alarm too quiet...DOH!) and had gone about 50 yards across the lake. Thank heaven for baitrunners.

Colin (happy and sad)

Andy Young

Reaction score
I HATE litter!!!! (times infinity)

Well done again ba, so next weekend it's bag a 15+. Have you got a set of scales, because I've had "10lb+ carp" that have only gone 8 on the scales. Definitly worth weighing them 'cos next weekend.......

.....20? You don't quite know, 'less it's pulled that needle round!

Tight lines for the next trip.

Andy

C

Colin Payne

To be honest we both thought it could be more. My mate has had a ten weighed before and he was convinced it was at least 11-12! But yes decent scales are needed. I bought a cheap set from a fishing show and they showed a nice tench a while ago to be 1 1/2lb. When I borrowed some from a guy in the next swim it was 3lbs so I wouldn't trust what they say.