Nylon Spring Rig

R

Robert Woods

As I use nylon hooklengths a lot I was going to try the "Spring" rig.This is where you tie hook with a grinner knot. Then pass free end through eye and use this for the boilie. Has anyone any experiance with this rig...?

Anthony Nash

Reaction score
Robert.
I also use nylon a lot but find that the knotless knot is a much easier and more effective way of tying my hooks on with, regardless of their size. Depending on what pattern you are using generally speaking the knotless knot will always provide you with a better hooking arrangement. You can alter the length of the hair you are using at the tying stage, or do as i do and have several rigs tied up with different hair lengths in advance to accomodate which bait you maybe using. (boilie or particle) Using a hook withan inturned eye will always give you excellent hooing potential. Big T, Gardener incizor, Kamasan B175. These are all ace hooks.
Hope that was some help.

Anthony Nash

Reaction score
Robert.
I also use nylon a lot but find that the knotless knot is a much easier and more effective way of tying my hooks on with, regardless of their size. Depending on what pattern you are using generally speaking the knotless knot will always provide you with a better hooking arrangement. You can alter the length of the hair you are using at the tying stage, or do as i do and have several rigs tied up with different hair lengths in advance to accomodate which bait you maybe using. (boilie or particle) Using a hook withan inturned eye will always give you excellent hooking potential. Big T, Gardener incizor, Kamasan B175. These are all ace hooks.
Hope that was some help.

D

David Will

Robert this was how many used to create a hair rig with braid, however I am aware that some like Dave Lane Keith Kenkins used the spring rig as you describe with a nylon hooklength on Horton.It can be fished as you describe or with the hair beginning an inch or so above the hook via a grinner to the hooklength.The spring effect is caused on ejection by the sfiffish hair. It is best used with bottom baits.

R

Robert Woods

Thanks for help...I'll just carry on fishing with Knotless knotted B175's.