Mainline Activ8 Activator

B

Birds Nest

Did I dream this or Did someone say the the Activ8 Activator was good to add to pellets?

S

Stuart Bullard

I didn't, but I have done it, and caught my PB two weeks ago on it. Not a monster at 19lb, but I was chuffed.

Up until then, on this water, I had been using Activ8 boilies, with some success, but after three straight blanks I flavoured pellets with the Activ8. Cant remember which pellets they were, but my shop suggested low oil content (I think it was oil). Does that make sense? I'm relatively new to the carping element of fishing!

A

Andrew Thomas

Try Assassin-8 as well, certainly works for tench and barbel.

C

Carp Angler

I've mentioned it quite a few times in articles both for carp and barbel.
PVA mesh bagged pellet, oversprayed with Activator will keep indefinitely.

B

Birds Nest

Cheers chaps.. Rik, I also remember you talking about your "excelent" Activ8 paste.... you talked about upping the level of activator, for a more 'instant' bait... but cat find it in the archives... What sort of level would you up the ammound of activator to??

D

Dave Rothery

you can use anything to tweak pellets.......flavouring, fish oils, mollases, csl, etcetcetc

C

Carp Angler

Sorry for the delayed reply BN, I double the amount of liquid A8 into the paste, but the powder is cut 50/50 between A8 base mix and an HNV base mix.

Warren has experience of my special paste :eek:)

B

Birds Nest

No worries Rik.. Something to play with for the new season me thinks...

I

Ian Whittaker

Brilliant when added to meat and the meat is left to harden & develop a skin.