Winter River Roving Jacket??

Guy Morris

Reaction score
Hello im after some advice about a jacket for winter.
I have a Nash Wind Cheetah smock, the old style with mesh lining, that is kept in a side pocket of my carryall, for spring to autumn wet days, or chilly evenings.
For winter i have a bib n brace, and wanted a waterproof outer top/jacket, the duckdown styles look good but bulky, and maybe too hot for roving?? I have a Swanndri shirt which would be more than good enough for a mid layer garment. Has any one used the Nash Combat Hoodie? waterproof outer and fleece lined, would this be a good option to go for.I like Nash, although they are Carp based, there clothing does seem well sized compared to some other makes.Or any other ideas for makes or items.
Many thanks G.Morris

jimmy crackedcorn

Reaction score
If its not actually raining I'd reccomend a soft shell jacket of some description .preston and shimano do them but you'd get a better one at an outdoor shop. I use one for work and although thin keeps the wind and light rain out but breathes brilliantly. Then stick a protak jacket over the top if it starts raining. ( Protak UK - Angling Clothing, Waterproof Clothes and Fishing Accessories ) As for sundridge my blizzard didnt breath brilliantly and them after a while (and a reproof) leaked. My thick siberian remains unbeatable when static but wouldnt use it for roving !

You could get a goretex from TX maxx for not alot of loot if you are lucky - they had some mustos in back in January.