bait boats

Bob Clayton

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have never really considered bait boats but I have recently badly damaged my right elbow and following the operation I cannot cast well and accuracy is nigh on impossible.

I have tried left handed and it won't work.

Can play fish as I don't need elbow movement to do that.

My doctor is a keen fisherman and he suggested that I get a bait boat. I have checked with my local clubs and they will allow me to use a baitboat because of my condition.

A couple of questions, what do you all think of baitboats and can you suggest a good one. I will not be dumping tons of groundbait as this was what I had against them in the first place.

Also are there any commercial waters in the midlands that allow bait boats.

Bob Clayton

Reaction score
Thanks Mike and Dave

It looks microcat I had a look round all the others as well and it definately looks the best option. The lack of an arial, being pump driven and low to the water all look great plus points.
I am wondering how to attach a rig to it for placement before placing the order.
I am going for the echo sounding option because I like to map lakes before fishing and I cannot cast to do that at the moment.
The only problem seems to be an eight week wait as they seem to be made to order.

Never mind though I will do a bit of stalking and margin fishing whilst I wait.

C

Cakey

Ive a microcat also,I also use it at all distances (where allowed)because of the perfect presentation.
p.s. leslies of luton have them in stock.

M

Mike Lee

You tuck the rig up inside the hopper door before you close it to put the freebies in.
There are two hoppers and, yes, you can drop two rigs in one trip.

It's a superb bit of kit Bob and I'm envious that you will be getting the graphical echo sounder.

L

Les Clark

In your dreams Cakey,more like"last of the summer wine".

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Les its nice to see that someone of Cakeys tender years still has such a vivid imagination.

Les how is the flu, did it stop you fishing.

Bob Clayton

Reaction score
I have ordered the Microcat with graphical (hand held) echo sounder. I now have 8 weeks of stalking and margin fishing to look look forward to.

Once again thanks to those who made constructive comments.

L

Les Clark

Hi Richard,the poor old sods loseing it mate!
yes, still got it,and Chris,total waste of a long weekend,how about you,any joy with those big bream?

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
No afraid not Les, I did post a note on the general site under help with big Bream. Hope you both feel better soon.