Pilgrim’s Progress

A

Andrew Miller

I am not surprized Sedge regarded tits as his favourite considering his experience on the R.Severn!!!!
Seriously I think half the fun of fishing is watching wildlife, not only birds but foxes and badgers, bats etc.That why I akway carry a pair of binocular with me.
Sometime it paid to encourage the birds to feed especially on floating bread as it seems to really stimulate the fish to feed as well (Competition perhaps?)SO I feed the birds off 1st then when they have enough go for the fish which by then are often easy to catch
Windy

A

Andrew Miller

Sorry should have put this in Coarse fishing!!

Windy

S

Stewart Bloor

''That why I alway carry a pair of binocular with me''

Ah...I've heard about your sort....

S

Stewart Bloor

''That why I alway carry a pair of binocular with me''

Ah...I've heard about your sort....

S

Stewart Bloor

Oops, didn't mean to put it up twice, I'm not trying to make a point...

M

Malcolm Bason

Hello again Stewart - yet another very interesting article, and one to which i can relate to, as i adore the countryside and all it entails. Enjoying the wildlife is as much a prt of fishing as catching itself!

I thought you were away for a long while this time? Or have you not gone yet?

One or two of us have kept paul on his toes, I'm sure you'll be pleased to hear!

S

Stewart Bloor

Hi Malcolm, thanks for the comments. Very much appreciated.
I've been and gone. Mind, there is some fantastic bird life in West Africa, where I went. You start to recognise the birds that sell for ?40 each over here, and there they are as common as sparrows...you can see the look of disbelief on the locals faces when you tell them the equivalent price in local currency...
I'm not sure if I fished over there I would be able to concentrate on the fishing due to the very colourful birdlife..not to mention keeping your eyes open for the crocs...Mrs Sedge says I wouldn't last 5 minutes. At least when I fall in here I just get out, but imagine falling into a croc infested river...

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
And smelling of Secret Agent like you do you wouldn't stand a chance.

Want some more?

S

Stewart Bloor

For as much as it does linger, I actually like SA, so any more, pass it on my way...

N

Neil Wayte

I agree with sedge that wild life is part of our hobby and have seen some cracking birds this year most notably Long Ear Owls,Marsh Harriers,Hobbies and I nearly had my head taken off by a female Sparrow Hawk.