What's your favorite boilie???

J

Jefito B

What works for you? what's your favorite boilie flavour and brand?
Just trying to get an idea of what's best to start with in my first seasons carping...

Thanks

Jef

D

Dave Rothery

wouldn't worry - just look at the mags and you'll get an idea what works, ie everything! just find the feeding fish.....

S

Sir Steven Blanksalot

You could use the best boilie in the world but if you dont put it where the carp are then it is useless.

Just but any quality frozen bait and spend time locating the fish and you should catch!

Welcome to the wonderful world of carp fishing!

L

Les Clark

Have`nt got one,they will all catch when the time is right,as most baits.

S

Stuart Bullard

.....as Dave says and the rest. I have just used Activ-8. Caught relatively few but I am not kidding myself its the bait!!

S

stuart palfrey

I roll my own Hutchinsons Hit and Run,but Mainline frozen are good.

C

chris day

Solar club mix, a classic. It baffles me that bait companies bring out a new magic bait every year, as if the previous ones don't work now!Richworth Tuttui Frutti's are anothet classic- I'd go for an established bait rather than a brand new super fangled complicated numpty boilie.

D

Dave Rothery

fair enuff chris, but they were a brand new super fangled complicated numpty boilie once!

C

chris day

Yes but the point is they've stood the test of time, and i'd regard them on a par with sweetcorn and luncheon meat as all time succesful baits. look at the vogue a couple of years ago for hemp and corn, spodded in huge amounts. I guarantee many thinking anglers hadn't forgotten about them, but they became trendy again for the simple reason that some people are always looking for the next big thing. My point is you don't need to.The source will probably be the biggest selling boilie ever now Two Tone and Heather( to Tery Hearn), have REPORTEDLY been caught on it.But will it be a classic, or a case of good marketing and hype? Only time will tell. I can understand the thinking behind fishing a bait that a lake sees a lot of, simply because your prebaiting is done for you and the carp will see this almost as their natural food, as it is in their enviroment 24/7 . But i don't fish venues like that, i only fish for river carp and I'm happy with baits that I know work- be they sweetcorn, maize,worms or an effective boilie.

D

Dave Rothery

solar club, hutchie's mc, carp co's icelandic red are all pretty similar. the source is another fishmeal/robin red bait.
i bet if you tried any of these your catch rate wouldnt change one bit (for the worse or better!)

L

Les Clark

I agree with you Dave,good bait`s,but catch more angler`s than carp.

G

Glen Howell

I agree that there is no such thing as the best boilie, but most people tend to have a favourite bait that they either stick to or fish with most of the time.

The result is that you reinforce the belief that your preferred bait is the best, simply because it spend more time in the water thn any of the alternatives.

Personally I prefer tigers or particles.

G

Glen Howell

Out of curiosity, has anyone tried the "Black Fly" baits from Natural Extracts??

I saw them at the Carp Show and they looked interesting....