Look up..

B

Birds Nest

Just thinking about this makes me shake. I hate pylons, I'm not even keen on walking under them on my way to the Dove.. How anyone can fish near them is beyond me..

Very worthy campaign..

P

Phil Hackett

Quite right BN I once knew (vaguely) a very good match angler who fished for Stockport Federation of Anglers National team, who touched power lines with his pole on a match. He lived, but I understand his hands, arms and upper body were badly burned.
Is catching fish worth at worst, losing your life for, at best horrendous debilitating burns?

I think not!
Be aware!
Be very aware of all power lines!
Particularly those that look like telephone wires on pine poles. Look up and don’t fish within twenty metres of them as the power can arch across from them to your rod/pole, which is carbon, a brilliant conductor of electricity and more so when wet

F

Fred Bonney

I saw a swan fly into one of them "telephone wire" power lines,it was dead before it hit the ground, KEEP CLEAR of them.

R

Ron Clay

Last winter on the Fortyfoot whilst zandering, two adult swans flew full tilt into some overhead cables near Ramsey.

Both were killed instantly. Fortunately a local RSPB saw what had happened. The swans hit the ground near where we were fishing. If she hadn't have seen this I am sure she would have accused us of killing them. She did have a bit of an attitude.

D

Dave O'L

What & you don't Ron???? :)

River Colne I think near the M25 there is a stretch that due to the windy nature for a couple of hundred yards wires are overhead.
I only went ther once but it amazed me as I walked past to see lots of signs of fishing right under them. All you could hear was hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Absolute madness?

K

Keith Hacking

saw on an other site that united utillites here in the north west of england.
want to ban all fishing for thirty meters either side of power lines as a health and safety issue.

A

Ashe Hurst

Little brook pits in Dartford have several power lines above. last time i was there about 2 years ago they looked like christmas trees with carp rigs .

Horton kirby had rigs hanging many years ago from the lines over one of the lakes.

The river cray north of crayford town centre has pylons that run over it for about 100 metres length.

No warning signs, great looking swims and so tempting but deadly.

am pressing the council to errect warnings as a few people do risk it at that stretch.

D

Dave Slater

I don't know why but swims under power lines are always very good chub swims. I will continue to fish under them as I catch good fish from these swims, but with great care.