Sedge on the Radio

P

Phil Hackett

Sedge, The Rev. Stewart Bloor was on Radio 4s programme, Open Country 1 30-2 00 today talking about fishing the River Teme.

What a great job he did to promote angling to the listeners, with his knowledge and enthusiasm about fishing, the river and its piscatorial life. It’s probably true to say, the 10 minute slot in the programme he did, got to more opinion formers and waivers about angling than most of the recent stuff angling has put out in this respect.

To quote him from the programme when asked by people about whether the fish he caught tasted nice. “I weighed it, photographed it and gently returned it to the river.”

A nice touch! An excellent PR job! And a great job well done Sedge

A

Andrew Thomas

I heard it too.....but fluff flinging on my favourite barbel stretch?!

P

Phil Hackett

Come on Andrew, he did wax lyrically about the barbel in the river. More so than the trout IMO.:0)
I think he only went fluff flinging for the programme, as it was made during the close season.
Sedge I know loves his barbeling and probably would have much preferred fishing for them than trout if he could.

R

Richard Drayson

Yes, well done Sedge.
Sedge (Stewart) used to have a lot of input on this site. He loved his fishing, produced some great articles and I formed the impression that he was a decent, level-headed guy.

Does anyone know exactly what made him decide to leave the site?
Didn't he have a problem with some other anglers trying to put him down or similar?

R

Rodney Wrestt

Pilgrims Progress from afar, well done if your still reading the forums Sedge.

Richard,
He said it was his workload increasing and his posts in the forum were getting fewer, but I don't suppose the poster(s) critisising his articles and arguing with his posts would have made it more difficult to stop contributing.

A

Andrew Thomas

Phil, I was jesting.......it was Stewart that put me onto that stretch anyway.

D

Dave Johnson

No Richard, some other anglers were not trying to put him down.

As an author, he simply forgot he was above critisicsm.....

but thats an old story, and everyone has moved on......