Harrison rods

kevin brooks

Reaction score
Hello , i was wondering if any of you out there can help identify a pair of Harrisons i recently bought? they are 12ft 2-1/2 tc very slim with light grey/purple single leg rings and fuji reel seat the blank is grey and quite soft in the tip any help would be useful. I got them second hand from a local tackle shop who recon they are a couple of years old but didnt know the name eg:ballista/chimera whatever.

kevin brooks

Reaction score
Hello bert, yes mate they have the "harrison Advanced Rods" logo on the butt section. cannons??

RAMMER BERT

Reaction score
kev,iwas going to bye a pair of harrison cannons but went for esp tracer:s instead the cannons are a nice looking rod.but got a better deal on the esp;s

kevin brooks

Reaction score
bert, yeah i looked at the tracers and the fox extreme`s and had nearly gone for the tracers because they look the mutt`s nut`s mate, but then i got offered the harrisons and just had to have them.

RAMMER BERT

Reaction score
HI KEV,at the end of the day you got a good set of rods harrisons look nice and they do play well,i only went for esp cos the deal i got was to good to turn down

kevin brooks

Reaction score
Bert, yeah mate they are good looking rod`s , i have only had a 6lb tench on them so i dont know what they will be like with the carp but let`s face it harrison dont make any crap rods so i reacon they will be fine. Now if only i can find the bloody carp i will happy , trouble is my favorite water which is a ten minuite drive from home is 65 acres and apart from some lovley marginal beds of rushes is nearly featureless time to get the marker rod out again ,i suppose i should keep notes this time.

kevin brooks

Reaction score
On the surrey/hants border mate, about twenty five miles east of portsmouth and the same north of bognor regis, some fantastic fishing around here.

RAMMER BERT

Reaction score
sounds good if your a fisherman i fish 10 minutes down the road from me on a gravel pit its only 10 acres,but good fishing

kevin brooks

Reaction score
yeah i am a member of Farnham Angling Society , we have gravel pit`s ,old eastablished woodland lakes and some really nice river`s , our waters hold carp to mid thirty`s , cats to low forties,tench to double figures perch,rudd and roach over three and barbel into low doubles, so yeah it`s a good bit of the country to live in mate.

kevin brooks

Reaction score
It`s ?78.00 a year mate but a lot of the the waters are open 364 day`s just a few lakes and the rivers that stick to the old season(which is what makes them more enjoyable to my mind) i think it`s bloody good value as once you have joined it goes down to ?48 so it`s just over a pound a week, we also have an exchange permit system with six other angling clubs. If you are into fishing scenic waters without having to be elbow to elbow with other anglers this is the place to be.