this site

B

Ben hollingworth

i hope general cover this site, i dont like useing my real name on the posts. i would much prefer a nick name that feels less personal. i was wonderin if this has been talked about and what peoples views are on it.

B

Ben hollingworth

dunno. i just hate using my real name on a public thing.

F

Fred Bonney

It has been discussed in the past and generally most were against it,along with emocions.
If you have nothing to hide why use an alias?

K

Kevin Perkins

Ben

Don't worry about it, I use my real name and write as the 'Alternative Angler' and nobody take a blind bit of notice!!!!

Regards

Vikke Spinner
(I'm going to try this one to see if it works!)

D

Dave Slater

My Red Indian name is "One Fat Bastard" but I don't like using it in public so I call myself Dave on the site.

B

Birds Nest

Dont see how it matters.. most internet forums are populaated by people using nick names... what is wrong is using a nickname to hide behins when posting comments with the intent to stir up conflict... Which I hope ive never done...

Ron Clay whats you real name? ;-)

B

Ben hollingworth

ok ok. i have nothing to hide. its just i hate my second name. a little long.

J

john conway

Birds Nest, I agree I don?t have a problem with nick names. The problem starts when you use an alias to hide behind.

D

Dave Rothery

my real pic has been on here from time to time....i'm just not all that easy on the eye!

R

Rodney Wrestt

I don't know what to say, how does anyone know what's your real name or not? people can say they hate nicknames and join the argument using any name in the phone book to start arguments, who's to say Mr Bloggs or Mr Doe (or Mrs / Miss / Ms)isn't using their real names? do what you want if someone gets out of hand they are removed by the appropriate people and as the i.p. address is recorded then changing your details will only work for a short time, unless you have a few different internet connections then it will only take a bit longer to remove the offenders .

P

Phil Hackett

Dave Slater
Nice one! I nearly fell off the chair laughing.

D

Dave Slater

Ben,
Have you thought of an alternative name yet? How about David Beckham? I am sure nobody has used this one before. Another alternative may be Ron McCartney !!

D

Dave Silvers

Dave Roth _ I preferred the earlier picture of you.
The one when you were a little boy.:eek:))).

Dave Slater - two red indians were talking.
one said to the other,
"White Arrow how are indian names chosen",
"It's easy" said White Arrow, "you are named after the first thing the Chief see after you are born,
why do you ask Two Dogs F**cking".