Microcat or Bait Boat?

T

Tony O'dell

Am ucrrently looking at getting one of these bait boats...with the graphical Echo Sounder as an extra.
Couple of questions
Which model should i go for...is the Microcat worth 200 pounds extra...and what differences are there?
How good is the Echo Sounder/Graphical display? How much does it display?
What additional extra's have people used with these boats?

best regards

Tony

D

Dave Rothery

i went for the cat - its lower in the water, so more stable, more manouverable and can take more bait.
the graphical sounder shows bottom type (ie hard or soft), and mid water contacts (not always fish!) with a rough size (ie bigger the dot, bigger the fish) and depth.
i wouldn't buy their batteries/solar charger etc, as places like macro do them at 1/3 the price!

T

Tony O'dell

Is the Microcat worth the extra two hundred odd pounds....have anyone compared one to the other directly?

D

Dave Rothery

only you can decide....thats another 20kg of bait difference - which will catch you more?

C

Cakey

I went for the cat - its lower in the water, so more stable, more manouverable and can take more bait.
the graphical sounder shows bottom type (ie hard or soft), and mid water contacts (not always fish!) with a rough size (ie bigger the dot, bigger the fish) and depth.
i wouldn't buy their batteries/solar charger etc, as places like MAPLINS do them at 1/3 the price!
LOOK HERE

Andy Young

Reaction score
Cakey-Dave, Dave-Cakey? Just how in tune with eachother are you????

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

I too went for the cat - its lower in the water, so more stable, more manouverable and can take more bait.
i wouldn't buy their batteries/solar charger etc, as places like macro do them at 1/3 the price!

N

nick austin

i dont own one, but iv'e heard the cat is better- its lower in the water, so more stable, more manouverable and can take more bait.

M

Mike Lee

I too went for the cat - its lower in the water, so more stable, more manouverable and can take more bait.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Awright geeezzaa! I an' all wen' fer da Cookin' Fat - its laaahr in da bricks an' mortar, so mawer stable, mawer manouverable an' can take mawer bait. da graphical sounder shows bottom type (ie 'ard awer soft), an' mid bricks an' mortar contacts (not always fish!) wiv a Brian Clough size (ie bigger da dot, bigger da fish) an' depth. i wouldn't buy their batteries/solar charger etc, as places nosey pike macro do 'em at 1/3 da price! Sorted mate.

C

Cakey

Ok someone missed me point,look back at me posting and you'll see that I changed Macro to Maplins.
P.S. Im sure its spelt Makro !

Andy Young

Reaction score
I went for the cat - its lower in the water, so more stable, more manouverable and can take more bait.
i wouldn't buy their batteries/solar charger etc, as places like MAPLINS do them at 1/3 the price!

Well everyone else is doing it!!
What's with the plagurism (copying) anyway?

There's a review of a bait boat in this months Carp World, but I cant remember the manufacturer's name.

D

Dave Rothery

i went for the cat - its lower in the water, so more stable, more manouverable and can take more bait.

whoever first wrote that was a genius.

boring around here lately..........................ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........................................................

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
HOI FROTHEY

WWAAAAAKKKKKKKKKEEEEYYYYYY
WWWAAAAAKKKKKKKKKEEEEEYYYYYY

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M

Malcolm Bason

Well, I didn't go for the cat, I went for the standard baitboat - its higher in the water, so less stable, less manouverable and can take less bait.

The lack of a graphical sounder means it does'nt show bottom type (ie hard or soft), and mid water contacts (not always fish!) with a rough size (ie bigger the dot, bigger the fish) and depth.

I did buy their batteries/solar charger etc, as I'm a friggin idiot with more money than sense. And furthermore, there is no furthermore!

D

Dave Rothery

friggin idiot with more money than sense?

why didn't you buy the cat then?

M

Malcolm Bason

Good question???? .........and one I don't have an answer for???

Seriously, I felt the standard baitboat was good enough for my needs! I believe it can carry sufficient bait, and i don't feel the fact that it rides higher in water is to much of a drawback, although i can see the benefits of a cat in windy/choppy conditions.

The only 'downer' so far is that it can be awkward to steer! Pushing the lever forward does'nt necessarily mean it will just go forward!! I am constantly having to check to one side or the other for it to continue to where i want it. And no, it is not because the bait is making it unbalanced - it does the same when empty!

But a good addition to my tackle collection methinks.

C

Cakey

Been thinking about it and Ive decided that all baitboats should be banned.