Angling Star - High Quality Repro.....

dezza

Reaction score
The new looking March issue of Angling Star came out yesterday and I must say it looks very good indeed. Some of the photographs have reproduced very well.

A few writers known to FM are represented, including Big Swordsy, ****ie Fisk, Shane (Cat) Calton, and moi!!

In fact I am spread across 2 whole pages!:D

Angling Star is available across the North and North Midlands of England for £1.70. If you cant get it locally, it costs £24-60 for a years supply delivered to your door.

Last edited:

Matthew Nightingale (ACA)

Reaction score
Angling Star is my favourite fishing magazine. A view enhanced somewhat by its slightly amateurish pictures! Might be shame if they've gone up market. Interesting that they've gone for a centrefold though...

dezza

Reaction score
Box Brownie - I'll have you know I own a Nikon D300 old chap what?

And are the trout rising on your exclusive stretch of the Manifold? Have your man pick me up in the Roller and we'll go out and give the Manifold a thrashing, accompanied by plenty of port and stilton what?

I presume your fishery is dray flay only.

Toodle pip!

Last edited:

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Box Brownie - I'll have you know I own a Nikon D300 olf chap what?

And are the trout rising on your exclusive stretch of the Manifold? Have your man pick me up in the Roller and we'll go out and give the Manifold a thrashing, accompanied by plenty of port and stilton what?

I presume your fishery is dray flay only.

Toodle pip!
:D

Nice one Ron

We must have a day out sometime when the rivers open again or i might take you up on a fly session at your syndicate lake

The reason I don't put my photos on here is I have a man who paints me with my catches and as yet FM has not got a facility to accomodate this

Photos - so working classs - nice oil painting of oneself and ones fish - much more my standard:w

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
I've never seen or heard of this publication before . Anyone know where it can be purchased darn sarf? Or would I need to subscribe to a whole years worth to find out if I liked it?

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Peter - it's a Sheffield region paper (I beleive - Ron put me righht) and you will need to drive up the M1 till you get to where the tarmac stops and the cobbles begin - also a Sheffield to sarf dictionary

slb

Reaction score
If you can get across to Somerset, you can find it in some newsagents around Burnham/Bridgwater/Taunton area.

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
My gripe with it is when you are reading an article some then say "continued on page %%" and you find you have to turn a few pages to carry on reading. WHY

ok so it's a small moan by a small mind but hey what's with it?

Ron what are you in the paper for ( crafty note to get Ron to spill the beans and save a few pennies)

Lord Paul of Sheffield

Reaction score
Thanks steve, maybe you could pick me one up on your way to clattercote......

Paul where the fx sheffield?

Go up the M1 Peter - at the part when you see coal wagons, and smog take the next exit.

As you drive past the 15 stone women passing burgers through the school gates to their kids you are in Rotherham, if you find yourself in 1985 you are in Chesterfield.

You need to be in the part where you hear "'Eyup" and "Ardo" - look for a lot of drab working class people with Argos books and you are in Sheffield if you've turn left at he wrong junction you will find yourself in a palce with lots of 13 years old mums covered in tats, smoking and eating Greg's pasties you've ended up in Wales

Steve Handley

Reaction score
The Angling Star is one of the few quality angling publications on the market today. Always reminds me of some of the old style magazines covering a wide variety of fishing stories and articles, with some excellent writers as well.

The trouble with a lot of the other fishing magazines is that they are all much of a muchness filled with how to fish articles (especially commercial fishing) or the writers pushing their own sponsorships.

By the way, what's happened to TGF magazine? When it first appeared on the shelves it looked to be a quality fishing magazine featuring some excellent articles, now it's suddenly turned into another IYCF! I suppose at the end of the day it all comes down to what sells the most... He who pays the piper calls the tune.

dezza

Reaction score
You can get it in Yorkshire, Durham, Lancashire (excepting Scouse Land), Lincs, Notts, Derbyshire, Leicestershire and Rutland.

In fact all the really nice counties of England.

---------- Post added at 23:25 ---------- Previous post was at 23:17 ----------

The Angling Star is one of the few quality angling publications on the market today

This is certainly true, now that the paper and photography have been improved and that certain people are writing for it.

;)

Rickrod

Reaction score
Go up the M1 Peter - at the part when you see coal wagons, and smog take the next exit.

As you drive past the 15 stone women passing burgers through the school gates to their kids you are in Rotherham, if you find yourself in 1985 you are in Chesterfield.

You need to be in the part where you hear "'Eyup" and "Ardo" - look for a lot of drab working class people with Argos books and you are in Sheffield if you've turn left at he wrong junction you will find yourself in a palce with lots of 13 years old mums covered in tats, smoking and eating Greg's pasties you've ended up in Wales

ha ha ha your mental