Colouring Groundbait

M

Martin Alexander

I'm after a bit of advice regarding colouring groundbait.
I have started using Brown and White Crumb which i have bought from my local petshop ( Jolleys ?9.99 for 20kgs )basically i am trying to save a spot of cash buying this type of groundbait but i would like to give it a bit of colour and flavouring.
Does anyone know of a suitable colouring which i can use for Groundbaits and what quantity to use for lets say 1kg of groundbait.
I do have some colouring which i use for my Deadbaits when i'm Piking and i will be trying this out tomorrow in my groundbait,this may or may not be a mistake and i thing the colouring will take to my hands just as well as the groundbait!

Any advice welcome

Tightlines

Martin

D

Dave Rothery

robin red - its an attractor in its own right as well

M

Martin Alexander

Thanks Dave
Can you give me a little more info ,like is it a liquid or powder and where can i get it from?

Thanks verymuch

Tightlines especially if you are out on the Glorious 16th River season start!

Martin

D

Dave Rothery

you normally buy it as a powder.

birdfood shops, marriages of chelmsford, or haiths. dont buy it in little plastic tubs from bait co's!

N

Nick King

how about using some of the red colouring used in making cakes???the little bottles on supermarket shelves are cheap...just mix some in with some water in a spare bait box before mixing it in with your crumb..ive used the colourings for sweetcorn etc....soaking them overnight...it worked a treat.

M

Martin Alexander

Thanks lads i have been given another idea on this by my fishing mate, and that is to use the kids drink called Nesquik not tried it yet but it would have a sweetness too it if the colour was'nt to good!

T

Tony O'dell

Gravy browning is another good one to darken bait....or liquid Molasses ( used in horse feed ) available from Jolleys again :)